Internet Thethering?

This is a discussion on Internet Thethering? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Anyone know what would be the best way to use my phone for Internet Tethering? I had the HD2 and I could connect my laptop ...

Thread: Internet Thethering?

Internet Thethering?

Anyone know what would be the best way to use my phone for Internet Tethering? I had the HD2 and I could connect my laptop thru WiFi. Is it possible to do this with the Nexus One?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I use Barnacle Wifi tethering from the market on my N1 with my iPad and it works perfectly.

it told me I needed to ROOT what should I ROOT with? Is this dangerous for my phone? I don't really understand all this ROOT talk and don't want to screw up my phone.

Have you looked into these?

Android Beta Test but they charge $50 for their Blackberry app

free proxoid app on googlecode

PDAnet $13 special offer I've heard about this one a lot and I've seen claims that it tethers by bluetooth for free

By the way, I got most of this info from an article on Lifehacker
    :nexusx:

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

Quote Originally Posted by blanthony View Post
    it told me I needed to ROOT what should I ROOT with? Is this dangerous for my phone? I don't really understand all this ROOT talk and don't want to screw up my phone.
    I'm sorry, yes it does require root. Root is basically the same as jailbraking your phone, it allows you to use different roms and put on custom apps. There is tons of info on rooting on here, take the time to read about it and decide if it is for you. I will tell you that it does void your warranty so if that is important to you then rooting is not for you.

I have had my phone since January and rooted it about a month ago so that I could tether, I've had no problems with it.

sorry to sound silly but what is the point of tethering?

Quote Originally Posted by tonybhoy View Post
    For me it's so I can have 3G internet on my iPad without paying more for the 3G iPad or paying 30 a month extra. Plus I can also tether my laptop to it for internet service wherever I am.

I use pdanet for my bb, and it works great

I personally could user tethering so I can get rid of my dedicated broadband card for my laptop that I use for work. The card run $80/mth, but my company pay's for it. If I could tether my phone I could turn in the card and my employer would allow me to expense the data plan. Win, Win, I get them to pay for the access on my phone and they save $50/mth.

If your in a place with no WiFi and you have a strong 3g or HSDPA connection on your phone you can tether and enable data connection to your laptop.
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links