Nexus 1 on eBay

This is a discussion on Nexus 1 on eBay within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I'm possibly in the market for an N1. Maybe I am missing something here. The N1 sells direct from Google/HTC for $529 + sales tax ...

Thread: Nexus 1 on eBay

Nexus 1 on eBay

I'm possibly in the market for an N1. Maybe I am missing something here. The N1 sells direct from Google/HTC for $529 + sales tax ($566 for me) for the AT&T 3G version with it seems free next day shipping. The average eBay price is $640 and up for (allegedly) the same new sealed units.

It's not like they are in short supply, they can be had usually within 24-48 hours from order right? It's not like they require a contract or need to be unlocked (like an iPhone) because they are already unlocked from the factory.

What's the gimmick or are people just that stupid?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

people LITERALLY trust eBay SO much that they do all their shopping their. You can search and buy ANYTHING on eBay and people do.
    Because of eBays fees I, like many other people, have products on there and are priced higher than my website. They could care less, so I could care less...
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

I understand that but this seems absurd. I just sold an iPhone 3GS 32gig for $700 but that makes at least some sense because it's been unlocked and jailbroken which can't be done on the new (after Nov ) models so it has at least some added value.

Selling an N1 for $640+ is like selling a $10 bill for $20.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd View Post
    I got a good chuckle out of that lol.
    AT&T 3G Nexus Uno
    -Froyo 2.2

Quote Originally Posted by floridasrt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd View Post
    I got a good chuckle out of that lol.
    Well some people have to buy from eBay. I heard Google just don't ship this phone everywhere, so people from some areas are forced to get ripped off.
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Having sold a Nexus One on ebay for close to the original price, I can point to a couple of reasons to buy on ebay.

1. Live in an unsupported country - these are the ones going for more than $529
    2. Live in a high sales tax state
    3. Need to use paypal / don't have a credit card

There might be more, but that's all I could figure. I'm happy because I recouped most of the cost of my T-Mobile Nexus One when I switched to the AT&T Nexus One. I also got to play with two brand new phones.

The guy that bought it seemed happy. He got an almost brand new phone with some accessories for about $100 less than it would have cost him.
    :nexusx:

Still, I wouldn't have bought it....

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

Quote Originally Posted by kevindaledavis View Post
    Having sold a Nexus One on ebay for close to the original price, I can point to a couple of reasons to buy on ebay.

1. Live in an unsupported country - these are the ones going for more than $529
    2. Live in a high sales tax state
    3. Need to use paypal / don't have a credit card

There might be more, but that's all I could figure. I'm happy because I recouped most of the cost of my T-Mobile Nexus One when I switched to the AT&T Nexus One. I also got to play with two brand new phones.

The guy that bought it seemed happy. He got an almost brand new phone with some accessories for about $100 less than it would have cost him.
    :nexusx:

Still, I wouldn't have bought it....
    Yea, I guess those make some sense.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links