No 3G fix coming.

This is a discussion on No 3G fix coming. within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Well, confirmed from Google. Told to move location or hold the phone in different orientation. Quote from Ry Guy Google Forums today. "Hey guys, I've ...

Thread: No 3G fix coming.

No 3G fix coming.

Well, confirmed from Google. Told to move location or hold the phone in different orientation.

Quote from Ry Guy Google Forums today.

"Hey guys,

I've seen some recent speculation on this thread about an OTA to improve 3G connectivity and I want to give you an update on the situation.

While we are continuing to monitor user feedback regarding the 3G performance on the Nexus One, we are no longer investigating further engineering improvements at this time.

If you are still experiencing 3G issues, we recommend that you try changing your location or even the orientation of your phone, as this may help in areas with weaker coverage.

"

Spotty 3G Part 2? - Android Help

Well, their it is. They say their is no issue.

Anybody beg to differ? I sure do. Their is an issue.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

That is pretty much what I expected...the 'cupping hand' issue covers many phones HTC and non-HTC alike (check the iPhone fora for proof!) and is a result of antenna placement at the bottom of the phone (which I prefer). The loss of 'bars' or signal strength can be expected when covering the antenna with your hand, and no software 'fix' will correct it (and it should be pointed out, again, that it's most pronounced in weak-signal areas..in strong signal areas the loss is insignificant to usage). While I don't doubt Ry Guy's veracity, I strongly suspect another radio update is in the works for the radio-freeze issues (text/call crashing), which may or may not affect the 'cupping hand' issue...but I wouldn't count on it.

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    That is pretty much what I expected...the 'cupping hand' issue covers many phones HTC and non-HTC alike (check the iPhone fora for proof!) and is a result of antenna placement at the bottom of the phone (which I prefer). The loss of 'bars' or signal strength can be expected when covering the antenna with your hand, and no software 'fix' will correct it (and it should be pointed out, again, that it's most pronounced in weak-signal areas..in strong signal areas the loss is insignificant to usage). While I don't doubt Ry Guy's veracity, I strongly suspect another radio update is in the works for the radio-freeze issues (text/call crashing), which may or may not affect the 'cupping hand' issue...but I wouldn't count on it.

You're absolutely right, the cupping of the antenna at the bottom of the phone losses signal when your at a weaker signal area. In my case, it happens when I'm only at home where my signal is low. But when I'm out and about with strong 3g signal areas, cupping the bottom does not affect it at all, solid 3g signal.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links