UK Carriers?

This is a discussion on UK Carriers? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Im not sure if i will exceed the 1GB limit, If not ill stick with this plan...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UK Carriers?

Twitter
    Nd1razor
    Im not sure if i will exceed the 1GB limit,
    If not ill stick with this plan

o2?

I was with o2 from and old contract and when I first got the N1 I could not find any good deals from them regarding data. That was until last month, they can not bolt on a 3gig data package to any contract online. I have this with unlimited texts and a set number of minutes. Data unfortunately is still expensive over 1g...

Having using this new contract which i can change with a 30 day notice period, it is a struggle to use 3gig still. Even with fring on half they day (though that kills the battery).

Edit: forgot to add, I am paying 25 and get 100minutes (got skype + work phone for calls), unlimited message and 3gig data.

Hope that helps,
    Aro

Currently I'm on three. Pretty good, unlimited internet and texts and 300 minutes for 15 quid a month 30 day rolling contract. Personally I generally get to around 750MB of data and no where near the calls or text usage. Networks a bit funny. You have to turn on data roaming to connect to edge but as its not possible to connect to the wrong carrier in the uk that's not such an issue. The deal also includes some other stuff like free Skype usage but that just confuses me.

Twitter
    Nd1razor
    Thanks for the info on all the different data plans, 3 sounds really good, and i dident know O2 had a 3gb data plan.

I woudent worry about not using up all 3Gigs, if i do get 3gigs, im going to tether to bypass my college proxy, torrents wont work, and the whole network is insanely slow due to the proxys username authentication.

I could buy a usb modem for 15 pounds per month, and use that to make a wifi hotspot in my room for my phone and comp but thats an extra 15 in addition to my mobile charges.

Thanks for the info again!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links