Repair out of warranty

This is a discussion on Repair out of warranty within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I got the Nexus One through eBay and from what I understand its not covered by warranty as I do not have the gmail address ...

Thread: Repair out of warranty

Repair out of warranty

I got the Nexus One through eBay and from what I understand its not covered by warranty as I do not have the gmail address or shipping address of the person who bought the phone through Google. First question: Is there any way around this?

I live in Dubai and went to the HTC Repair Center. They told me that they do not have the spares for this set as it hasn't been launched here. The technician told me that the "Rigid-flex", apparetnely a frame that holds the power button, was faulty and hence the power button had stopped working. She said that they will soon get the spares for the next HTC Android set (presumably Incredible) and will try to see if the Rigid-Flex from that will fit.

Does anyone where know what the Rigid-Flex is and whether the one from Incredible will work for N1?

Really worried here, as my 600$ Android set is totally bricked. Sigh.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by rizvee View Post
    I got the Nexus One through eBay and from what I understand its not covered by warranty as I do not have the gmail address or shipping address of the person who bought the phone through Google. First question: Is there any way around this?

I live in Dubai and went to the HTC Repair Center. They told me that they do not have the spares for this set as it hasn't been launched here. The technician told me that the "Rigid-flex", apparetnely a frame that holds the power button, was faulty and hence the power button had stopped working. She said that they will soon get the spares for the next HTC Android set (presumably Incredible) and will try to see if the Rigid-Flex from that will fit.

Does anyone where know what the Rigid-Flex is and whether the one from Incredible will work for N1?

Really worried here, as my 600$ Android set is totally bricked. Sigh.
    hey,

sad to hear that BUT, in germany, where i live, the nexus isnt launched as well, but they said, if you bought your Nexus in the USA or somewhere, it counts as "worldwide warranty". Thats why it will be sent to the next Worldwide warranty repair center. So, contact the HTC hotline again asking them!

Maybe there is hope
    Tigger

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links