Nexus One and AT&T

This is a discussion on Nexus One and AT&T within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I am thinking about purchasing the Nexus One for AT&T. However, the google support forums are scaring the hell out of me. I am in ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One and AT&T

Nexus One and AT&T

I am thinking about purchasing the Nexus One for AT&T. However, the google support forums are scaring the hell out of me. I am in an area where 3G coverage is really strong, so I am not worried about that issue. The touchscreen problems also concern me. If I don't buy the Nexus One, I am looking at the Evo that is coming out on Sprint's network. That phone looks really really nice. I really like the Nexus One though specifically because updates will come out faster than those with the HTC UI. What do you think?

Kurt

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I've read a lot of the reports on the Google forums too and yes, some people have real problems with the N1.

Personally, I haven't had any hardware or software problems with it. For me it's been a solid, reliable phone and the fastest OS I've ever had. My only gripe would be the battery life of the stock ROM. The 8-10 hrs I use to get out of it, just weren't enough for me. But of course there are lots of ways around that issue.

I've had mine for a couple weeks now and it's great! There's no 3G where I live, but when I'm at work there's 3G coverage. My office is in a basement and I haven't had any 3G problems, even with spotty coverage around work. Yes you can drain your battery easily, but hey you can do that with any smartphone. The only problem I have is the touchscreen might be a little off here and there, but mostly when I'm typing on a keyboard. But this is the first phone I've had without a physical keyboard, so it's just a learning thing for me.

i got one

I went out and bought an N1 for AT&T a few weeks ago and I've been very happy with it so far. I could not wait for AT&T to come out with something decent that they didn't butcher (like the first two Android phones) and needed something to replace my aging BB Curve.

I've only ran into the keyboard issue a couple times where I'd have to put it to sleep and back to correct. I've had to pull the battery twice now and the strangest issue I had was i was not able to answer or ignore a call: the touch screen worked on the home page and everything else but when I'd get a call I couldn't slide to answer.

I'm not sure if I have a "3G issue" since I don't have any previous 3G experience to compare it to, but I've had no complaints so far. I'm nearby WiFi most of the time anyhow. I've not run into any Bluetooth issues that people complain of either.

There are a lot of "issues" that people complain about that are really just design flaws like the speaker. It really is not the best in the world, but it's workable.

Although I don't travel much I love using the navigation. It's pretty sweet and it certainly makes me want to get out there and use it more.

The problem with reading support forums and other review sites is that you typically get 95% bad feedback to 5% good feedback. You are more likley to find out what the most remote issues are with a phone on these sites. However, it is good information to know so you know what to expect going in to the phone.

Personally, I have had the phone for almost 3 weeks now and have not had any issues other than user errors. I suggest getting it. If you do have any problems, Google/HTC has been very good about replacing the phone.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

I'm tethering on AT&T right now to assure you that the N1 works great. I've heard of problems with the 3G on t-mobile, and I haven't experienced any issues on at&t.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by thatoneguy247 View Post
    I'm tethering on AT&T right now to assure you that the N1 works great. I've heard of problems with the 3G on t-mobile, and I haven't experienced any issues on at&t.
    How did you do it?

Thanks for the replies

I currently have a Tilt with Windows Mobile 6.5. I think anything would probably be better than WM 6.5. The exchange support is really nice though. The best feature of WM 6.5 is its ability to set times when you want to get e-mails from specific accounts.

I am 99% sure that I am going to buy a nexus one. I really want the fast updates, still the Evo is tempting. I will play close attention to my Nexus One the first 14 days. I am currently an AT&T customer, so there really is not another Android option. My wife really wants an IPhone, which I refuse to get for myself. If she does get the new IPhone when it comes out, I must admit that I will play with it though.

I like to hit the forums with any big purchase, and I always take it with a grain of salt. Whiners like to hang out in certain forums, but they do give some constructive criticism. Thanks for the information!

Kurt

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thatoneguy247 View Post
    How did you do it?
    pdaNet
    Download PdaNet 2.41 for Android and T-Mobile G1

You don't have to install any software on your computer if you use bluetooth, assuming you already have bluetooth setup.

The bluetooth on the Nexus works really well, and will even let you play music off of your phone and make calls.

Quote Originally Posted by kurtwoodfin View Post
    I currently have a Tilt with Windows Mobile 6.5. I think anything would probably be better than WM 6.5. The exchange support is really nice though. The best feature of WM 6.5 is its ability to set times when you want to get e-mails from specific accounts.

I am 99% sure that I am going to buy a nexus one. I really want the fast updates, still the Evo is tempting. I will play close attention to my Nexus One the first 14 days. I am currently an AT&T customer, so there really is not another Android option. My wife really wants an IPhone, which I refuse to get for myself. If she does get the new IPhone when it comes out, I must admit that I will play with it though.

I like to hit the forums with any big purchase, and I always take it with a grain of salt. Whiners like to hang out in certain forums, but they do give some constructive criticism. Thanks for the information!

Kurt
    as an ex-iPhone user, I can say that they each have their ups and downs. For a regular person, the iphone is much easier to use and the os is more polished. For anyone tech savvy, I don't think the n1 can be beat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links