white noise

This is a discussion on white noise within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I've been using my nexus one for 2 days now. Although I've only made three calls on it, I get a faint white noise in ...

Thread: white noise

white noise

I've been using my nexus one for 2 days now. Although I've only made three calls on it, I get a faint white noise in the background during the call session. I get the noise from both the earpiece and the speakerphone only when in a call.

I was wondering if this is due to the noise canceling mic in the back of the phone. I don't here the noise when there is background noise, but when the surroundings quiet up I can here it again...leading me to believe its the rear mic doing its job. The noise does seem a bit louder when the other person is on a land-line phone, compared to when the other person is on a cell phone. Is anyone else experiencing this noise? ...maybe its normal.

Also, is there a way to get the earpiece/speakerphone volume louder during a call. I have it turned all the way up and it is still difficult to here soft spoken people on the other end.

Coming from a moto q global with cyrstal talk technology, the nexus one's sounds quality seems a bit lacking.

Thanks for looking.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

3 calls is a pretty sample sample size. I don't think that you should try to draw a conclusion from that.

Were they all to the same person? To the same land line? If so, I'd think that the problem is there.

I know its a small sample size and I'm not about to draw any conclusions yet...just wondering what others have noticed. If I can remember, calling these same numbers from my old moto q resulted in clear sound quality. But this could be due to the motorola crystal talk. My brother hasn't noticed anything from his N1, but he came from a motorola razor.

I've had an outgoing and incoming call to the same landline phone, and an incoming call from another wireless/cell phone. The static/white noise seemed quieter from the call with the wireless phone, but louder and more noticeable with the land line number. I do feel its related to the noise cancellation mic(nothing wrong with it, just doing its job), due to the white noise being less noticeable when there is background noise present on my end of the call. I know its not a problem with either of the speakers, because I here the same sound from the earpiece and the speakerphone during a call. And no noise coming from the speakerphone while watching youtube videos.

Maybe I am being a bit paranoid, haha....but just wondering if this may be normal.

Hey Midwest Division,

Do you still have your phone? I think I have been having a similar issue with my phone and white noise. When I listen to calls at max volume I get the same noise. If I try to turn it down then I get some blips of static during the call. The other party on the phone gets no static at all and say that the call is clear. I actually contacted google and HTC and was sent another phone which had the same issue. It could be the AT&T network I am on but I still contacted HTC again and they said it shouldn't be doing it so I sent the replacement phone back and the HTC rep said they will check it and I can call at a later date to hopefully get another phone. Except for the whole call quality the phone has been great.

Jay

No noise for me. Crystal clear on both ends.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links