Love this phone!

This is a discussion on Love this phone! within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I hesitated on buying the Nexus One because I keep reading about all the problems, what was wrong with the phone, etc. I'm not an ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Love this phone!

Love this phone!

I hesitated on buying the Nexus One because I keep reading about all the problems, what was wrong with the phone, etc.

I'm not an engineer (just in my mind) so half of what was being discussed didn't seem to pertain to me. It seemed a bit nitpicky for my middle-age, business woman phone needs.

I don't have ANY of the problems that I've read about. The touch screen works and I can use the keyboard easily with fewer mistakes than my iPhone. I love the widgets and live wallpaper. I LOVE having custom ringtones.

I guess I didn't know what I was missing with the apps. Being on an iPhone I got used to everything looking the same but with open source apps (I think I said that right) each app looks different than the next one and IMO work better for MY needs than the apps I had with the iPhone.

The one thing I really want but can't seem to find is an app or something that will put my favorite phone numbers in one place.

Reception is slightly better with the Nexus One too.

I'm so glad I got this phone!

(Off to research what the difference is between a widget and an icon, and whether I should 'play engineer' and root the phone. )

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Welcome!!!
    Nexus S
    HTC HD7
    Galaxy Tab

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by bayou View Post
    The one thing I really want but can't seem to find is an app or something that will put my favorite phone numbers in one place.
    "Star" your favorite contacts, then create a folder of "starred" items on the home screen.

I use the WidgetPack for an easy way to access your most frequent contacts. You can find it on the market. Its 1 word WidgetPack
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Twitter
    Nd1razor
    next to your contacts there is a blacked out "star" button, if you hit that, all you fav. contacts will be in the favourite tap at the top of the screen.

and welcome to the android revolution

That is exactly how I feel about this phone. Welcome to the android community we are glad you came on over from that Wich is the evil iPhone.

Thanks for the suggestions!

I found something call Smart Call Widget that puts all the calls made in the last week, month, 3 months, etc. in a widget. Perfect!

I live in Berkeley and I keep getting asked what kind of phone it is because I"m always playing with it. Did I mention how much I love this phone? Having choices is nice and will spoil me forever!

bayou - did you do the 2-year contract or month to month?

Quote Originally Posted by ArrowSmith View Post
    No contract. I bought an unlocked phone on AT&T.

Quote Originally Posted by bayou View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowSmith View Post
    No contract. I bought an unlocked phone on AT&T.
    How is the speed of things like:

* loading the browser
    * browsing Google Maps
    * watching videos

AT&T is not the best carrier I've heard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links