Google giving up?

This is a discussion on Google giving up? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; T-Mobile, in Sacramento County of California. I have never had any issues with my 3G....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Google giving up?

T-Mobile, in Sacramento County of California.

I have never had any issues with my 3G.

Maybe its just a myth lol.

Quote Originally Posted by The Law View Post
    Well, there has to be some truth in it because there are a lot of different phones out there, and the N1 pulled in a lot more negative press than other phones I've seen.

Truth and opinion pieces aren't synonymous. Even good reporting tends to take on a slant, but negative press today is out of control, with these types of blogs dispensing zero useful information (no background, no detail, no balance, no forward looking answers/speculation) and this Gizmodo post is nothing more than another hit piece...these 'people' (no way will I ever call them journalists!) have an agenda, plain and simple. Look at what was done to Apple iPad wrt negative press, same thing being done to Google: highlight only the negatives, regurgitate ad nauseum, foment a backlash, keeping eyes/clicks all along the way. It reminds me of some pseudo-celebs who think negative press is actually positive press, because at least it is SOME press. Folks need to be more selective about their sources of genuine information.

Truth and opinion pieces aren't synonymous. Even good reporting tends to take on a slant, but negative press today is out of control, with these types of blogs dispensing zero useful information (no background, no detail, no balance, no forward looking answers/speculation) and this Gizmodo post is nothing more than another hit piece...these 'people' (no way will I ever call them journalists!) have an agenda, plain and simple. Look at what was done to Apple iPad wrt negative press, same thing being done to Google: highlight only the negatives, regurgitate ad nauseum, foment a backlash, keeping eyes/clicks all along the way. It reminds me of some pseudo-celebs who think negative press is actually positive press, because at least it is SOME press. Folks need to be more selective about their sources of genuine information.
    But why THIS phone?

Well I'm in san Diego and I sure as hell have problems with 3g where sometimes I have to hang up a call for 3g to appear.

But why THIS phone?
    Ask the ones spreading the FUD...it effects many phones, even the iPhones of every generation, on ATT, no less. I'm happy to have a sleek phone with no external antenna sticking out the top..it's so 20th century!

I thought this map was kind of cool to check out coverage from different providers. It's shown on cnet and you can put in your neighborhood and look at the data they've gathered, it might or might not be helpful for people complaining about signal strength (given obviously if you're in a metal box the results will obviously be different)

Root Wireless - CNET Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Well, there has to be some truth in it because there are a lot of different phones out there, and the N1 pulled in a lot more negative press than other phones I've seen.

Right on queue...a discussion of their attention-whoreness in an actual written, researched and seriously presented article:
    The Media Equation - Gizmodo?s iPhone Spectacle - NYTimes.com

But why THIS phone?
    Because it is the first "Google Phone". If they wrote the same article about the myTouch, no one would care. Just like when the iPhone came out and there were numerous AT&T issues, T-mobile users realized how unstable 3G was using the Nexus One. T-mobile doesn't have near the number of users AT&T does so they have never dealt with the major stress on their network like AT&T has.

T-mobile issue, some validity in poor coverage area, lots of hype, Old news.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links