Google giving up?

This is a discussion on Google giving up? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I'm in San Diego and I have no problems at all. H shows up more than 3G. I was up in the Bay area for ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Google giving up?

I'm in San Diego and I have no problems at all. H shows up more than 3G. I was up in the Bay area for the weekend too and used it constantly for navigation. No problems except through tunnels of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadao View Post
    Anything with an i in the front of it from Apple is not for me.

No 3G 'issues' on Vodafone UK either, it does seem to be a T-Mobile US problem and I can understand why Google aren't investigating further... will seem proper **** for those affected though I must admit.

You can't win 'em all, unfortunately.

They just highlight negative things to attract more viewers. Readers generally don't read about good things, they just want to see the negative aspects.
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

N1 on T-Mobile in Flroida since Jan 6th, No problems besides the slow frkn 3G speeds of about 500kbps....
    :nexusx: Nexus One Beta Tester

You guys are missing the real problems. IT'S NOT A T-MOBILE ISSUE!

1. The phone loses 3g connectivity, to the point of disconnection, when you cover the bottom half for extended periods of time. THIS IS GOOGLES FAULT OR HTC

2. IF the phone loses the 3g network on its own (this could be t-Mobile), the phone will NOT jump back on, even when your in an area with coverage, until you reboot or enter/exit airplane mode. This is not t-mobiles fault. THE IS GOOGLES FAULT OR HTC

Theses are the specific 3g issues. This is what google is trying to fix. I have had two N1's, both with these issues. This has nothing to do with coverage or t-mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by Diego318 View Post
    This has nothing to do with coverage or t-mobile.
    So how come I can still get 3G when holding the phone at the bottom? It is a combination of all 3, simple as that. If you have a strong signal then it should not affect you.

There are people who have no issues with 3G at all, lots of people in fact. It is not solely down to the handset and that is why Google have reached their conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Diego318 View Post
    You guys are missing the real problems. IT'S NOT A T-MOBILE ISSUE!

1. The phone loses 3g connectivity, to the point of disconnection, when you cover the bottom half for extended periods of time. THIS IS GOOGLES FAULT OR HTC

2. IF the phone loses the 3g network on its own (this could be t-Mobile), the phone will NOT jump back on, even when your in an area with coverage, until you reboot or enter/exit airplane mode. This is not t-mobiles fault. THE IS GOOGLES FAULT OR HTC

Theses are the specific 3g issues. This is what google is trying to fix. I have had two N1's, both with these issues. This has nothing to do with coverage or t-mobile.
    There's two separate issues at play:
    I think both have everything to do with TMobile coverage, and #2 is not off Google's/HTC's map by the above (RyGuy's) statement.
    1) You will not lose 3G in strong, or even moderate signal strength areas by 'cupping' the phone. Only in marginal areas (and indoors) will the phone drop from 3G to EDGE by cupping. Directly related to your exposure/distance to TMobile's tower. The only hardware relation to 'cupping' lies in the fact your are physically blocking the antenna with your hand. It's effect is proportional to TMobile's coverage.

2)The 'frozen radio' issue is not the same as the 3G issue, but one of recovery of dropped signal. When apps are in the process of transceiving, and signal drops, they loop acks until a given timeout. If no signal returns prior to the timeout, those apps either stall and retry, die off gracefully, or hang. When multiple apps are doing the same thing simultaneously without signal, I *believe* the radio simply freezes (crashes), and doesn't recover even when a signal re-emerges, regardless of reception strength. It takes a reboot of the radio to get it back into service. Again, a function of reception from tower, AND a software/hardware issue that very likely remains on Google's/HTC's repair trouble tickets. I don't believe RyGuy's comment sweeps this particular issue under the rug...only the TMO 3G coverage (cupping) issue, which appears entirely coverage-related.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links