Would you buy a N1 if you had it to do over

This is a discussion on Would you buy a N1 if you had it to do over within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Having just had a N1` arrive DOA and going through the process of sending it back, I am wrestling with the question "Do I buy ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you buy a N1 if you had it to do over

Question Would you buy a N1 if you had it to do over

Having just had a N1` arrive DOA and going through the process of sending it back, I am wrestling with the question "Do I buy another one and wait for the refund on the first one,or wait to see what comes out next?" What little time I was able to get the N1 to stay on and connected it seems to be a fantastic phone. I would greatly appreciate any and all feedback on whether you current owners and user would purchase the phone again and whether or not you had issues on arrival.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

In short, yes, I'd get it again.

I'm sorry you had the luck of the draw and got a DOA unit. Unfortunately, mass produced items are never perfect and some unfortunate consumers will end up with a DOA somewhere down the line.

I personally did not have any issues on arrival. I've gone through several smartphones previously and N1 definitely takes the cake on everything I've had so far.

My view may be the best case scenario, some other will tell you the complete opposite depending on their experience.

I guess the only advice I can give you is since you've bought the phone already and proabbly waiting for a replacement unit, just give that one a try and see how you like it.

I had 2 iphones doa from apple i now have a n1 on at&t i will buy my wife one so yes i would buy again with the support of this forum you can't go wrong
    me and my n1 me and my apple

Thanks so much for your reply. I have sent the unit back for a refund to avoid getting a refurb replacement. I guess I must now decide whether to buy another one or wait over two weeks to see the refund come through and then order another one. Having had just a taste of the device I seem to have been hooked. I guess my fear is that I will receive another one with the same results or with a lot of issues. I have read so many posts here and on other forums that seemed filled with issues and then I also have read just as many with little or no issues, such as yours. I was so impressed with the phone what little I could use it( It came recycling on and off on and off, with no real time reference just as it decided it wanted to recycle. Also touchscreen and connectivity issues.) I do believe the potential of the phone is fantastic.

Thanks to all. I have just ordered another one. Did not want to wait the two or three weeks for refund. This device sure is addictive.

You will like it Good luck, hope you get one in a perfect condition!

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    In a heartbeat. No hesitation. No ask me about the Backflip.......
    Androidfied.

It's sad you had such a poor experience right at the start. It's unlikely you would receive another DOA phone. Yes, I would certainly buy it all over again. I have had a great experience with my phone. In the very beginning I had some screen issues, but I believe it was due to software conflicts. In my excitement I downloaded just about everything that caught my interest. When I started to have a problem with the touchscreen, I removed the more frivolous apps and settled on the several I knew I would be using on a frequent basis. Since then I have had no problems at all. Now, if I want to check out a new app or two, I download one at a time and see how it "plays" with what I already have. It makes it a lot easier to avoid a problem app that way.

I am very pleased with my N1 and find more uses for it every day.

i would buy this phone over and over this is the best phone ive had thus far its almost better then every phone out, way better then the hd2

Yes. I ain't waiting 4 months for the Incredible which is the next best phone on my list. Might consider the HTC HD2 though..
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links