No Nexus One on Verizon

This is a discussion on No Nexus One on Verizon within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I think they released the highest end Android phone they could in order to help proliferate Android as a platform, and with the HTC Incredible ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No Nexus One on Verizon

I think they released the highest end Android phone they could in order to help proliferate Android as a platform, and with the HTC Incredible coming out on Verizon, that goal will be met for the carrier without them needing to get in the middle.
    Then why didn't they sell it in stores? Or put out a single commercial? It's still a very unknown phone in the regular population. Seems like the Droid did a lot more for Android than the N1 will.

Seems like the N1 has had a marginal effect on the Android landscape and that the OS would be no more or less without the N1.

Quote Originally Posted by The Law View Post
    Then why didn't they sell it in stores? Or put out a single commercial? It's still a very unknown phone in the regular population. Seems like the Droid did a lot more for Android than the N1 will.

Seems like the N1 has had a marginal effect on the Android landscape and that the OS would be no more or less without the N1.
    Sold online only as a test to gauge direct to market potential...I suspect they were surprised with demand, judging by the early snafu's on the support side..I believe they actually moved more phones than they originally planned. WRT the 'landscape'..the purpose of N1 was to show (in particular, to developers) what Android is capable of today, and it's potential. You have to energise and excite developers so they want to create that landscape. Many believe it IS the iPhone killer, and that's also from former iPhone users. I don't think many Droid users would say the same, but I confess to very rarely visiting our sister site droidforums.net...you could search for 'iPhone killer' there, and see how many iPhone users there say it about the droid.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links