No Nexus One on Verizon

This is a discussion on No Nexus One on Verizon within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Google confirms it. We won't be selling a Nexus One with Verizon, and this is a reflection of the amazing innovation happening across the open ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Nexus One on Verizon

No Nexus One on Verizon

Google confirms it.
    We won't be selling a Nexus One with Verizon, and this is a reflection of the amazing innovation happening across the open Android ecosystem. Verizon Wireless customers who want an Android phone with the power of the Nexus One can get the Droid Incredible by HTC.
    https://www.google.com/phone/choose?hl=en&gl=US&s7e=

and

The HTC Incredible Really Is Verizon's Nexus One - Nexus one - Gizmodo

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

dandroid
    I think this is going to upset a lot of people that have been waiting for this one.. Hopefully the new specs on the HTC Incredible will make it worth the wait..

Nt nt nt nt nt

Why would anyone be upset? The incredible is the same as the nexus one, but with a better camera. And cheaper.

Nexus one on verizon $530
    Incredible on verizon $200

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Yeah it would be pointless to have two phones that basically the same coming out at the same time.
    Androidfied.

Quote Originally Posted by Eplchamps0304 View Post
    Why would anyone be upset? The incredible is the same as the nexus one, but with a better camera. And cheaper.

You're listing subsidized vs. unsubsidized, so that's invalid. The Incredible is actually also $530 off contract, I believe. So, same price with a better camera.

It doesn't bother me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyzizzle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Eplchamps0304 View Post

You're listing subsidized vs. unsubsidized, so that's invalid. The Incredible is actually also $530 off contract, I believe. So, same price with a better camera.
    No its not invalid. This is because the nexus one would not have been subsidized on verizon just like on ATT. Thus you would pay full price for the phone and also get no discount on your monthly bills. On t-mobile however you montly bill is cheaper when you purchase the nexus one outright.

why doesnt google just make a verizon version similar to how they made one for att?

mah
    Quote Originally Posted by deel View Post
    why doesnt google just make a verizon version similar to how they made one for att?
    My guess at an answer to this: because they're not really in the phone hardware business. I don't think they released a phone to be directly profitable, I think they released the highest end Android phone they could in order to help proliferate Android as a platform, and with the HTC Incredible coming out on Verizon, that goal will be met for the carrier without them needing to get in the middle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links