Advanced Task Manager or Taskiller which is best for N1

This is a discussion on Advanced Task Manager or Taskiller which is best for N1 within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; @ithc42 enjoy your new gadget! One more thing: I recommend getting setcpu. I use it and enabled the profiles option in it so it automatically ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advanced Task Manager or Taskiller which is best for N1

@ithc42 enjoy your new gadget!

One more thing: I recommend getting setcpu. I use it and enabled the profiles option in it so it automatically adjusts the cpu speed according to need i.e. whether I am using the phone heavily when playing a game (more cpu power) or simply browsing the web (less cpu power). This I've found has helped me with battery life.

Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post
    Never had a use for either when using Android.
    me neither...for what i run, i have no use for task killers...battery lasts around 48 hours for me.
    Radio: 20100203_2 (EPE54B)
    Recovery: RA-nexus-v1.7.0 CM Version
    Rom: CyanogenMod v5.0.6
    Kernel: Pershoot's 2.6.33.3 OC/UV/BTN
    /AUD/RAM/VFPv3 (042610)
    OC mgmt: SetCPU 1.51a
    Theme: none right now...

Quote Originally Posted by netninja View Post
    Google designed Android for use without the need of a task manager so I don't use or have the need for one with my nexus one. In fact, I've seen better overall performance and stability on my N1 without a task manager.

Now, when I was using my G1 i used taskkiller and it definitely was needed but I think if you're on Android 2.0 or 2.1 the need for this is currently moot.
    Yeah maybe, but what about battery efficiency and 3G/WiFi download limit? I don't have a charger for my phone at work and it's a fact that the battery is faster emptying when many apps are open. Also I only have 5 MB download per day via 3G so I have to be careful what I do online. If I open Facebook, I always close it with a task manager, because it will always automatically connect and check for any updates etc.

I wouldn't use a task manager for my N1 if I had an access to a charger or had an unlimited 3G/WiFi download access.

That's why I am begging for a default builtin "QUIT" option in every app and when backing in a program to home screen would ask if you would like to quit the application. Also I would love a task switcher (not that recent list which they have now).

Not every user of the N1 is a CEO.

intenz I'm no CEO either I assure you. Have you thought of carrying around a spare battery?

From what I know, the Android OS automatically kills apps that are running but aren't being used (in this state it is not using much battery either unless its GPS) when it needs to free up memory. Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong.

I monitored my battery stats and usage for a week to get a better understanding of my N1's power management.

Quote Originally Posted by netninja View Post
    intenz I'm no CEO either I assure you. Have you thought of carrying around a spare battery?

From what I know, the Android OS automatically kills apps that are running but aren't being used (in this state it is not using much battery either unless its GPS) when it needs to free up memory. Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong.

I monitored my battery stats and usage for a week to get a better understanding of my N1's power management.
    WHEN? I started up bunch of apps and then let them fade out, but they didn't. They were up running for 48 hours!

I've tried all the task managers in the Market. The best for my needs is ES Task Manager and for a great file manager w/ FTP try ES File Explorer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links