URGENT Too many pattern attempts.

This is a discussion on URGENT Too many pattern attempts. within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi all. I feel really frustrated. I have tried almost everything including the null trick along with entering my correct gmail account and password. It ...

Thread: URGENT Too many pattern attempts.

URGENT Too many pattern attempts.

Hi all. I feel really frustrated.
    I have tried almost everything including the null trick along with entering my correct gmail account and password. It doesn't work. I really really don't want to try a hard reset, since i am not sure what info will i lose. ?

It's strange. It all started because i couldn't unlock my phone with correct pattern. Last time i remember i was hearing music, had advanced task killer running and made a call. Put phone back in the sleeve and drove way home. When i get home, i suddenly place the pattern many times but it says it's incorrect. I suppose i had many background apps running.

I really don't know what to do. I have turned the phone off plenty of times, took the batt out.

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

Apparently you can bypass it, in a convoluted way, never had to try though.

Have someone call you, and answer it. During the call hit the home button and you can get into the settings, allowing you to disable the pattern lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post

Have someone call you, and answer it. During the call hit the home button and you can get into the settings, allowing you to disable the pattern lock.
    While good for the OP, that's not very secure!

I'd like to see some remote commands you can send from your Google account, like "wipe phone" if it's lost or stolen, or "unlock" if you forget your pattern. Shouldn't be too much of a stretch for Google.

This is what I did, although it's kind of stupid that I overlooked it, it worked.
    When you log onto Gmail or give someone your e-mail, do you use ____@gmail.com? I do, and out of exasperation I tried to input my e-mail into the phone, but changed the @gmail.com to @googlemail.com. Let me know if this fixes it.

I realize this is months later, but this is written to anyone who comes to this thread looking for a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post

While good for the OP, that's not very secure!

I'd like to see some remote commands you can send from your Google account, like "wipe phone" if it's lost or stolen, or "unlock" if you forget your pattern. Shouldn't be too much of a stretch for Google.
    Theres a ton of apps that will remote wipe or lock your phone...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Andreamirite View Post
    This is what I did, although it's kind of stupid that I overlooked it, it worked.
    When you log onto Gmail or give someone your e-mail, do you use ____@gmail.com? I do, and out of exasperation I tried to input my e-mail into the phone, but changed the @gmail.com to @googlemail.com. Let me know if this fixes it.

I realize this is months later, but this is written to anyone who comes to this thread looking for a solution.

how does this solve a pattern lock? where do you put the @gmail.com?

Quote Originally Posted by deel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreamirite View Post

how does this solve a pattern lock? where do you put the @gmail.com?
    If you fail to do the unlock pattern allot of times you will be brought to a screen that will prompt you to input your Gmail account to sign in to your phone instead of having to use the unlock pattern.

Ads