Flash support official for 2.2 ?

This is a discussion on Flash support official for 2.2 ? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Just found this on Engadget... Gather 'round, Android fans, because Google's Android boss Andy Rubin has done a wide-ranging interview with The New York Times ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flash support official for 2.2 ?

Flash support official for 2.2 ?

Just found this on Engadget...

Gather 'round, Android fans, because Google's Android boss Andy Rubin has done a wide-ranging interview with The New York Times, and we're guessing you're going to want to hear what he has to say. The biggest news to come out of it is word that Android 2.2, a.k.a. Froyo, will come complete with full support for Flash, which is far and away the most official confirmation we've had to date, and slightly contradicts earlier talk that Flash support wouldn't necessarily be built into the OS. Why the change? Rubin says that sometimes being open "means not being militant about the things consumers are actually enjoying." On a similar note, Rubin also said that while he doesn't know when the number of Android phones sold would exceed the number of iPhones and BlackBerrys sold, he's "confident it will happen," adding that "open usually wins." And the hits just keep on coming from there, with Rubin not so subtly working in a mention of North Korea after a discussion about Apple and closed computing platforms, before closing things out with the line: "with openness comes less secrets." Hit up the source link below for the complete interview, in which Rubin also address the issue of Android fragmentation, and reveals that he does indeed own an iPad, but naturally has a few things to say about it.

SOURCE: Engadget

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Cant wait until Froyo comes out! (Apple fanboys are gonna freak once we have flash, google maps naviation and they dont)

In Google we trust.

hopefully as some rumor says, froyo will be out in the middle of may.

19th of may i heard(and hope)

I have a few friends and colleagues drooling over this. They're not Android users, but Flash developers. I think we can look forward to many new apps and ui experiences on our N1's.

You can't beat that!

Quote Originally Posted by tonybhoy View Post
    hope your source was right... then again no one has ever been right on the spot..

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveMyNeXus1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tonybhoy View Post
    hope your source was right... then again no one has ever been right on the spot..
    Yup hopefully its even earlier than the 19th.. Maybe lets take out that #1.. 9th? :D
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

cxm
    I thought that adobe said that flash was going to slip into 2nd half of the year. I hope they are not holding back froyo just so flash can be baked into the OS. If it were all to come out mid may then that would be sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by cxm View Post
    I thought that adobe said that flash was going to slip into 2nd half of the year. I hope they are not holding back froyo just so flash can be baked into the OS. If it were all to come out mid may then that would be sweet.
    I don't understand were the second half of may came from, because I saw saw a Tablet that is coming out within next month or two, shipping with Froyo, and Flash 10.1. So, second half doesn't make sense. If it's coming with flash enabled on Froyo, that means we will be getting it really soon.

cxm
    Quote Originally Posted by Syntax323 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cxm View Post
    I don't understand were the second half of may came from, because I saw saw a Tablet that is coming out within next month or two, shipping with Froyo, and Flash 10.1. So, second half doesn't make sense. If it's coming with flash enabled on Froyo, that means we will be getting it really soon.
    I can't remember all the details but there were plenty of articles like

Flash 10.1 hitting certain Android handsets in H2 2010 | Xperia X10 Blog

which caused disappointment. I signed up for the beta for android flash but haven't even had a notification. Maybe the later date is for a separate update for older versions of android rather than the baked-in version for froyo. I can but hope.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links