Should I Give Up ON My Nexus1?

This is a discussion on Should I Give Up ON My Nexus1? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; honestly delete the task killer and use it without any other task killers for a while, see if that makes a difference...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Should I Give Up ON My Nexus1?

honestly delete the task killer and use it without any other task killers for a while, see if that makes a difference

Just my two cents...I use Handcent (started using it day 3 of my Nexus ownership and can't imagine going back to the stock app) Lately, sometimes, messages will not be sent and to get them to send, I have to delete the thread and then I can send the message. This happened when I do not delete my text messages but rather leave the thread there in the phone.
    I had the default app settings to 200 messages, but I do not have the auto delete enabled there.

Quote Originally Posted by astros148 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    There are people out there that AREN'T using Handcent? The stock app is not nearly as nice....
    i think its ugly and annoying
    me too. i rather use stock app and i'm happy with it.

i had this same problem with opening the sms app both handcent and stock and it would force close or hang, and it was solved by deleting my three biggest threads, it think i was on around 3000 txts all together and deleting the threads fixed it and haven't seen it again although i am rooted and flashed so that might be the real fix :P
    NEXUS ONE
    11.02.2010 - SuperBoot Rooted
    24.02.2010 - Amon Ra's Recovery
    24.02.2010 - 05.10.2010 Cyanogen Era
    06.10.2010 - 08.12.2010 - RoDrIgUeZsTyLe´s MIUIMOD Era
    04.05.2011 - CyanogenMod 7.0.3

NOTION INK ADAM
    04.04.2011 - Rooted & CW Recovery Installed
    04.04.2011 - BEAST 2.1.3 PQi + 3g Version
    02.05.2011 - BEAST 2.2

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    There are people out there that AREN'T using Handcent? The stock app is not nearly as nice....
    i think its ugly and annoying
    Have you customized it? How it is out of the box is ugly. The only people I know who think that hadn't figured out how much they can customize the look. You can make it look however you want, you can have it show up like the stock android app if you like.

and i use advanced task killer and nothing else really runs cept basic apps
    That's probably your problem.

Force closes and messages being deleted are not signs of defects, they're signs of either user error or conflicting apps. Task killers do absolutely nothing to improve user experience on Android phones. They generally cause more annoyance than good. Get rid of the task killer.

Quote Originally Posted by xkillerbx View Post
    and i use advanced task killer and nothing else really runs cept basic apps
    That's probably your problem.

Force closes and messages being deleted are not signs of defects, they're signs of either user error or conflicting apps. Task killers do absolutely nothing to improve user experience on Android phones. They generally cause more annoyance than good. Get rid of the task killer.
    And another camp says use a taskiller judiciously, killing off only known/unneeded apps, and not simply kill-all/stop known wanted services...and it can be an invaluable tool, and in my case DOES improve my user experience when I am suffering a sluggish app/phone/browser.

ughh i took off the task killer and now instead of fore closing it just randomly deletes all my messages UGHHH god this is so effin frustrating.

Well, it seems you've made some progress. As you said, it isn't force closing now. So that eliminated one software conflict. Perhaps you have some others. Also, how big are your messaging threads? How much space is left on your phone?

Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    Well, it seems you've made some progress. As you said, it isn't force closing now. So that eliminated one software conflict. Perhaps you have some others. Also, how big are your messaging threads? How much space is left on your phone?
    i wish my messages could reach even 100 messages, it auto deletes my messages atleast once a day . Its irratating cuz i dont know if someone texted me or not

on my phone or my SD card?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links