Funny Voice-to-Text Mistranslations...

This is a discussion on Funny Voice-to-Text Mistranslations... within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Ever get one of those hilarious and out-of-left-field translations on the voice-to-text from Google. I don't know where they get the words from as some ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Funny Voice-to-Text Mistranslations...

Funny Voice-to-Text Mistranslations...

Ever get one of those hilarious and out-of-left-field translations on the voice-to-text from Google. I don't know where they get the words from as some aren't even close to the spoken word and there seems to be some perv element to some of the words. Anyone else getting these? If so, let's have a laugh and post 'em here...

I'll start with two I got today:

I said, "leave" and got "boobies."

I said, "begrudgingly" and after a few mistranslations finally got "assmaster"?!

What's up with Google?!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by junkeeroo View Post
    Ever get one of those hilarious and out-of-left-field translations on the voice-to-text from Google. I don't know where they get the words from as some aren't even close to the spoken word and there seems to be some perv element to some of the words. Anyone else getting these? If so, let's have a laugh and post 'em here...

I'll start with two I got today:

I said, "leave" and got "boobies."

I said, "begrudgingly" and after a few mistranslations finally got "assmaster"?!

What's up with Google?!
    Funny. I said "Steve Jobs" and also got "a**master"!
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Re: Funny Voice-to-Text Mistranslations...

Try ShoutOut the free one, a bit better then Google's voice to text IMHO.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by b00sted415 View Post

Thanks for the tip. I tried to find it on Android Market but no "ShoutOut" found. Any ideas if the name may have changed?

Cheers

Thanks for the tip. I tried to find it on Android Market but no "ShoutOut" found. Any ideas if the name may have changed?

Cheers
    ShoutOUT text to speech I just found it, app only supports firmware 2.0 and above. Are you sure you typed it correctly?

ShoutOUT text to speech I just found it, app only supports firmware 2.0 and above. Are you sure you typed it correctly?
    yes...when i search "shoutout" i only get "JuzFrens Messenger." If I search it as 2 words "Shout Out," i get no apps with the word "shout" in it. if I search just "shout"...the only free stuff i see with "shout" is:

- ShoutShoutShout
    - BGB Shout
    - Shout On LAN

Odd...

yes...when i search "shoutout" i only get "JuzFrens Messenger." If I search it as 2 words "Shout Out," i get no apps with the word "shout" in it. if I search just "shout"...the only free stuff i see with "shout" is:

- ShoutShoutShout
    - BGB Shout
    - Shout On LAN

Odd...
    That's odd I just did "ShoutOUT- Speech to text" the developer is called Promptu Systems Corporation. Came up for me
    Try "ShoutOUT" or "shoutout" or maybe "speech to text"

I said "oh my gosh, what a bummer" and the voice to text translation gave me "aol.com bomber"
    It cracked me up.

That's odd I just did "ShoutOUT- Speech to text" the developer is called Promptu Systems Corporation. Came up for me
    thanks again. i tried all the above suggestions but no luck. very odd indeed...i'm up here in canada but i don't think that would make a difference in the apps available in the android market?

seems that shoutOUT is good! here's a review i read:

"After the iPhone, Promptu is bringing its ShoutOUT speech-to-text messaging app to the growing number of Android smartphone users.

The free application relies on the server voice processing which means two things: your phone’s CPU won’t be overused, but your mobile data connection will – so make sure you’re on some solid plan which involves tons of data or on a WiFi network.

According to Promptu’s official release, no other Android speech recognition app used for text messaging — including Google (NSDQ: GOOG) Voice functionality in Android 2.1 — comes close to the accuracy of ShoutOUT. That “prompted” us to think Google may be interested in acquiring the company.

Anyway, ShoutOUT’s features include voice addressing, full integration into the phone’s messaging service, message exchanges threaded by recipient, thumbnail images for contacts, and one-touch navigation to all recent incoming and outgoing messages. The application is readily available from the Android Market…"

thanks again. i tried all the above suggestions but no luck. very odd indeed...i'm up here in canada but i don't think that would make a difference in the apps available in the android market?

seems that shoutOUT is good! here's a review i read:

"After the iPhone, Promptu is bringing its ShoutOUT speech-to-text messaging app to the growing number of Android smartphone users.

The free application relies on the server voice processing which means two things: your phone’s CPU won’t be overused, but your mobile data connection will – so make sure you’re on some solid plan which involves tons of data or on a WiFi network.

According to Promptu’s official release, no other Android speech recognition app used for text messaging — including Google (NSDQ: GOOG) Voice functionality in Android 2.1 — comes close to the accuracy of ShoutOUT. That “prompted” us to think Google may be interested in acquiring the company.

Anyway, ShoutOUT’s features include voice addressing, full integration into the phone’s messaging service, message exchanges threaded by recipient, thumbnail images for contacts, and one-touch navigation to all recent incoming and outgoing messages. The application is readily available from the Android Market…"
    You are on 2.1 correct? strange that you can not find this app in the Market. A buddy of mine recommend and this is what I use for normal texting. Of course it's not 100% accurate I'd say about 90-95% accurate. I know text by voice to text very cool

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links