tracking my UK version of the nexus one.. cant wait

This is a discussion on tracking my UK version of the nexus one.. cant wait within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; tomorrow is the official release of the nexus one in the UK ive been waiting ages for mine. I have the email of Vodafone and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tracking my UK version of the nexus one.. cant wait

tracking my UK version of the nexus one.. cant wait

tomorrow is the official release of the nexus one in the UK ive been waiting ages for mine. I have the email of Vodafone and i am tracking the parcel in bed now seeing how near to my house. I cant wait im getting excited ...

i wonder if the UK version will be different to the version you guys have. i imagine the wifi will have channels 12 & 13 that you cant use in the US and i hope the voice control is trained to understand my british accent.

do you guys know or expect any other localisations anyone else getting a nexus tomorrow in the UK?

i have some other questions too..

can you transmit your music to your car radio?
    :nexusx:

what recommendations or advice do you guys have when i get the phone in the morning? what are the best apps?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I understand your excitement...this is a GREAT device!

I'm curious about how it deals with your accent too...please let us know how well it works for you. I've found the voice to text to be exceptionally accurate here in the US...despite my mild southern accent.

If your car radio has Bluetooth, then yes, you can transmit your music wirelessly. I don't, so I use the headphone jack to feed the aux input of my radio, which works very well for me.

As to the apps, there's a very complete thread in the Apps section that lists many of the most popular apps...be sure to add yours when you find new ones you like!

Welcome aboard...tomorrow's going to be a great day for you!

I read on some forum that it will be in 2.2 as it has the hardware for recieve and transmit FM

I have an American Nexus and a Liverpudlian accent and it copes. Don't know how it would get on with my Gordie friends though?

One thing you could check is if you can sync Picasa - there seems to be a problem with UK Googlemail accounts which I thought they would fix before the official release.

lol well if it works for a scouser it will work with my queens english

i beta tested gmail so i have an american @gmail.com account

Quote Originally Posted by SENTY View Post
    I read on some forum that it will be in 2.2 as it has the hardware for recieve and transmit FM
    Well that ain't true

According to Voda, it will be the same, just with a Vodafone Live! app

When it arrives, post up your software version, mine is ERE27, the ATT version is EPE54B.

There have been leaks of ROMs that appeared to be more European orientated (EPE68 & EPE76), so will be interesting to see if it comes with one of them.

it came in the standard google box and with the same wallet and headset and 4gb SD USB cable and a charger. AND a "european conformity certificate" with loads of standards nonsense to say it conforms to eu regulations for frequencies etc.. so that bit is defintaly different to a US one as being an IT manger i know there is a lot of difference in frequencies used in the EU that are banned in the US and vice versa. I mean do any of you with US N1's connect to a wifi network on channel 13?

The software version is EPF21B what ever that means you tell me

i only had it ten minutes so ill get familier with it,..

there isnt a single vodafone App on it i have found yet it is in no way distinguishable as a vodafone phone it doesnt even say vodafone on the desktop to tell me what network im on

In the speech setting there is a seperate British English and American English btw

Lock the screen or drag down the notification bar and it'll say "vodafone UK" on it.

EPF21B is not a firmware I am familiar with, so no idea if it has any differences or not. As for channel 13 wifi, I just changed my router and my imported N1 still works with it.

EDIT: British English has been available on mine since release.

Just thought of something to ask!

Where is the sign on your keyboard? On the original ones it's under the ALT menu of the !123 section... just thought that maybe they made it less presses away on the UK version?

same place, bit too far away imo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links