Confused...

This is a discussion on Confused... within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Two part questions: 1. Am thinking about buying the nexus one, but from what I understand, can't transfer or sync my contacts from outlook to ...

Thread: Confused...

Confused...

Two part questions:

1. Am thinking about buying the nexus one, but from what I understand, can't transfer or sync my contacts from outlook to nexus one. Is this correct? I don't want to sync with gmail contacts because this includes every email address I ever used (even if I dont want them as contacts). If I can't easily sync contacts, then won't get the phone.

2. Why are people trying to sell the nexus one for over $700 on ebay when one can buy it for $530 from google? Am I missing something?

Vern

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

1) From Google's Help Section

In Outlook

- Go to the contacts folder, select all, right click and choose "Send as Business Cards"
    - A new window message will come up with all contacts attached as .vcf files (be patient until the message loads).
    - Send the message to yourself
    - Open the sent/received message, select all attachments, Save as, select your (Nexus One / Android) SD card

In Nexus One

- Open contacts
    - Import
    - From SD card
    - Import all

2) Google doesn't ship to every country, so those folks pay more to a third party.

Hi,

Thanks for the info. But I don't use Outlook for email so can't send the information you suggested. I only use Outlook to store my contacts. So I basically want to import the contacts to Nexus One and then periodically sync so I can access it on my laptop and also have a backup in case the phone crashes.

Thanks,

Vern

Ha! Seems strange to me, but if it works for you...

You sound like a perfect candidate for cloud to me...you do know that you can organise your GMail contacts, create new groups and sort users,etc., correct? GMail is ideally suited to do exactly what you need to do: access the same contacts (or groups) on multiple devices, always in sync, thus freeing yourself from Outlook and the need to physically sync.

Hi Alphawave 7,

Thanks for the input. I would love to use the cloud concept. But the problem is that gmail stores every email address in contacts (even ones I don't want in my contacts). So, I will end up having lots of useless contacts in my gmail which will sync onto my phone. If there was some way to turn off automatically adding contacts in gmail, this would solve my problem!

Quote Originally Posted by vernod View Post
    Hi Alphawave 7,

Thanks for the input. I would love to use the cloud concept. But the problem is that gmail stores every email address in contacts (even ones I don't want in my contacts). So, I will end up having lots of useless contacts in my gmail which will sync onto my phone. If there was some way to turn off automatically adding contacts in gmail, this would solve my problem!
    Ah..but you can select which groups to show on the Nexus! It can be some OR all. IOW, you could have a group called Nexus, specifically targeted to the phone, and only show Nexus group on the phone.

Smile

That solves the problem! Cool - thanks a lot!!!

You're welcome! Page 104 in the User Guide:
    http://www.google.com/googlephone/ne...-userguide.pdf

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links