Tell Me to Buy It...

This is a discussion on Tell Me to Buy It... within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I want a NexusOne, but then I see the desire and sulk. Coming from an N97 with all it's 32 Giggyness onboard memory and flash ...

Thread: Tell Me to Buy It...

Tell Me to Buy It...

I want a NexusOne, but then I see the desire and sulk. Coming from an N97 with all it's 32 Giggyness onboard memory and flash and camera and 1hr 30m video recording and all that, I've been spoilt.

So I put together a list of pros and cons between the desire and nexus (keeping everything positive);

Nexus One Pros:
    Updates
    Supports triband 3G/UMTS
    MPEG4 Video Recording
    Speech to Text

Cons:
    Rumoured 2G/3G Issues - I'll be in the UK on O2 network where 3G coverage is patchy at best, but is achievable in certain situations.

HTC Desire Pros:
    FM Radio
    Can buy in UK (Warranty)
    HD Ready
    DivX Support Rumoured
    30fps Recording
    25 Cheaper than Nexus
    Longer than 30m Video Recording?

Cons:
    3gp video recording only???

Yes, I realise Froyo is rumoured to have an FM Radio, but I come from the Nokia realm where promises don't often come to fruition.

The Nexus really would be my dream, if you could answer:

Should Froyo not deliver the rumours, are there other apps that will give FM Radio? Are there other apps to give DivX playback and more than 30 minutes, 30fps, 720p HD video through the NexusOne?

Tell me it's got the options, that the above is doable, and I can finally buy one.

Ta
    Simon

PS if manufacturers don't want to include onboard memory (eg 8 Gig), then at least allow for two memory card slots.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I thought desire has speech to text function too?

Quote Originally Posted by sjdean View Post
    I want a NexusOne, but then I see the desire and sulk. Coming from an N97 with all it's 32 Giggyness onboard memory and flash and camera and 1hr 30m video recording and all that, I've been spoilt.

So I put together a list of pros and cons between the desire and nexus (keeping everything positive);

Nexus One Pros:
    Updates
    Supports triband 3G/UMTS
    MPEG4 Video Recording
    Speech to Text

Cons:
    Rumoured 2G/3G Issues - I'll be in the UK on O2 network where 3G coverage is patchy at best, but is achievable in certain situations.

HTC Desire Pros:
    FM Radio
    Can buy in UK (Warranty)
    HD Ready
    DivX Support Rumoured
    30fps Recording
    25 Cheaper than Nexus
    Longer than 30m Video Recording?

Cons:
    3gp video recording only???

Yes, I realise Froyo is rumoured to have an FM Radio, but I come from the Nokia realm where promises don't often come to fruition.

The Nexus really would be my dream, if you could answer:

Should Froyo not deliver the rumours, are there other apps that will give FM Radio? Are there other apps to give DivX playback and more than 30 minutes, 30fps, 720p HD video through the NexusOne?

Tell me it's got the options, that the above is doable, and I can finally buy one.

Ta
    Simon

PS if manufacturers don't want to include onboard memory (eg 8 Gig), then at least allow for two memory card slots.
    Just buy it!!!! Ordered my today..cant wait to get it..tired of my MyTouch and unlocked iphone

No on really quite understands how important it is for me to record video and listen to Birmingham City FC games on the radio. Why does no one know if there are apps for this? :-(

Further investigation suggests that the NexusOne and Desire both record in 3GP as opposed to MP4 as is the nature with Android, plus both are capable of upto 30fps, just that one advertises as 20fps minimum, and the other 30fps minimum.

The question does come down to are there any apps for the Nexus One to do:

FM Radio (should Froyo not support it)
    Video Record longer than 30 minutes
    Support 720P Recording/DivX should HTC release this rumoured update for the Desire?

Cheers
    Simon

Buy it!!!

Is there an FM Radio app?

Quote Originally Posted by sjdean View Post
    Is there an FM Radio app?
    As far as I know, no. FM radio is a hardware thing. But!!! There is an app called "Radio Time" which streams real radio stations. Though it does use data or wifi, you can pull in real stations on it. I moved several years ago and missed my favorite station here, couldn't pull it in no matter what. But I found it on this app and I works great.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links