Question regarding rooting my phone

This is a discussion on Question regarding rooting my phone within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I purchased a bunch of applications from the market and have recently considered rooting my phone. If I root my phone now do I lose ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question regarding rooting my phone

Question regarding rooting my phone

I purchased a bunch of applications from the market and have recently considered rooting my phone.

If I root my phone now do I lose all those applications that I purchased from the market, or will I be able to re-install them at no cost?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You will not have to pay for them again.
    Rooted Nexus One

Quote Originally Posted by Fuse View Post
    You will not have to pay for them again.

So I just re-download them from the market or will they be saved when I backup my phone?

You will have to redownload them again. The paid ones will still be listed in the download section with the tag of "purchased". Free apps will not be saved in the list, so you'll have to search for those again.
    Rooted Nexus One

Quote Originally Posted by Fuse View Post
    You will have to redownload them again. The paid ones will still be listed in the download section with the tag of "purchased". Free apps will not be saved in the list, so you'll have to search for those again.

Thanks for your help. Now I know I need to write down all the apps I have so I wont have to go off memory to get them back. I've been on the fence about rooting for sometime now, but seeing all the cool things one can do I'm pushing myself to do it. I just dont want to mess it up!

The applications you have purchased will stay in your Marketplace Downloads section.

If they aren't installed, it will say PURCHASED.

Or, you can get a backup program like Mybackup or Titanium Backup, back up all your apps, then after rooting restore all the apps. Titanium Backup will go through your apps and replace the Marketplace links in your Download section. Extremely handy.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonster View Post
    The applications you have purchased will stay in your Marketplace Downloads section.

If they aren't installed, it will say PURCHASED.

Or, you can get a backup program like Mybackup or Titanium Backup, back up all your apps, then after rooting restore all the apps. Titanium Backup will go through your apps and replace the Marketplace links in your Download section. Extremely handy.
    Thanks a million, you just saved me tons of time! I love this forum!

So if I use Mybackup (titanium only works if you're rooted), all/most of my apps ans text messages should be restored? I really want to root my N1, but I don't want to constantly lose all of my data every time a new rom is released. That's probably the biggest thing stopping me right now.

rje
    The market will display every download you ever made on the first startup. So that's when to re-download. After the first startup, it only displays purchased apps.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl View Post
    Rooting (jailbreaking) a phone that offers so many user options?
    Dear me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl View Post
    Earlier this year, I was taken in by the N1 and purchased it from US.
    I received it within a week, during which time i sold my iPhone.
    I was excited and so much wanted the phone to be the best.
    I was dissapointed. The look of the phone was great and pre use, I was buzzing giving it it's first charge.
    But then came using it. It feels so flimsy and that horrible trackball is a pain. Using the phone, the 4 touch keys below the screen are awful. Then there's the speaker and ringtone volume.
    Such a shame as it had the potential to be great. Google have alienated a lot of people.
    My question, the Desire looks great. But, does that phone have the same speakers, music player and ringtone volume?
    which one is it carly?
    :nexusx: Nexus One Beta Tester

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links