Favourite/Best Way to Enter Text?

This is a discussion on Favourite/Best Way to Enter Text? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; They are very similar. I preferred Swype because that was the first one I used and I liked the way it looked, and I got ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favourite/Best Way to Enter Text?

They are very similar. I preferred Swype because that was the first one I used and I liked the way it looked, and I got comfortable with it. It just looked more professional to me plus because of the way the letters are designed, for whatever reason, it feels easier to swype with.

I tried Shapewriter and still have it installed just in case the Swype expires. As I said, it is very similar with just a few small differences in the way you slide around.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuse View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by junkeeroo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    Another vote for Swype here.
    I haven't yet tried Swype, but ShapeWriter also has the longpress for symbols//numbers capability and a customizable dictionary.

Any of you who've used Swype that notice a difference with ShapeWriter? As I haven't tried Swype, I have no comparison but I gotta say that ShapeWriter is fantastic.
    I use to use SW until I tried swype, and there is a noticeable difference: Swype is better. Better word recognition and better options (swype puntuation)...
    I have no comparison to SW, but compared to HTCIME and BKpro these were both inconsistent for me regarding predictive text, swype is pretty dead on for in that regard as well it's easy to add to the dictionary and memorize patterns. It also has long press for symbols and numbers. Even is you like manual typing swype still works.

i wonder why google never made swype native to the nexus one? it's native to the tmobile mytouch 3g. seems silly that their "superphone" would have what a lesser phone would have.

You can download Swype from
    Is that the one that gives the message popup every time?

Quote Originally Posted by The Law View Post
    You can download Swype from here
    Is that the one that gives the message popup every time?
    Nope. No message popup or any errors what soever on my Nexus.

I tried the free version of Smart Keyboard & liked it so I bought the pro version. The microphone kept erroring out with every tap telling me "only available in pro version" Duh! I bought the pro version. I emailed the app creator and was told I needed to " but you need to check the "smart keyboard pro" box in the "Language & keyboard". This after being asked if I uninstalled the free version first. ??? Either way The smart keyboard pro was not an option for me to select. I uninstalled the pro and canceled the purchase.
    I looked at shape writer and there are comments in the market about it disabling the pinch & zoom feature on the Nexus one if you have it selected as the keyboard input.
    Has that happened to any of you?

Quote Originally Posted by N1David View Post
    I looked at shape writer and there are comments in the market about it disabling the pinch & zoom feature on the Nexus one if you have it selected as the keyboard input.
    [/FONT]
    just checked and not an issue for me...

I love voice to text!!! (but it isnt always practical)... I've tried shapewriter and slideit - they're okay but kinda gimmicky to me - I actually prefer the OEM keyboard and regular typing... I've tried to give the sliding method a chance and normal is faster for me (too hard to see the letters I'm going to with slide method).

Swype is a PITA to get right now... I did a bunch of search and got some helpful links and direct downloads - too many hoops to jump through... if it's ever a normal app in the market I might try it - it seems to be the preferred slider type (I havent heard/read a bad thing about it).

can't beat voice to text though - I love it!
    Ron Paul is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by junkeeroo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by N1David View Post
    [/FONT]
    just checked and not an issue for me...
    no issue here either...
    Ron Paul is correct.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links