Favourite/Best Way to Enter Text?

This is a discussion on Favourite/Best Way to Enter Text? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; What's your favourite/the best way to enter text? So far I've tried Google's voice-to-text, but I found it took a while and wasn't always so ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favourite/Best Way to Enter Text?

Favourite/Best Way to Enter Text?

What's your favourite/the best way to enter text?

So far I've tried Google's voice-to-text, but I found it took a while and wasn't always so accurate. I'm waiting on ShoutOUT, but I've got to say that far and away faster and easier is ShaperWriter. It's based on the same principle as the beta-Swype...but it's available now and it's free! You can easily add in/customize your own words and it is a replacement for your all Android Keyboard's uses.

Any other good inputting apps out there?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I find Swype the fastest.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandam500 View Post
    I find Swype the fastest.
    Would be nice to be able to download it and give it a go...I'm on the email list to be notified for when it comes out.

Swype for sure. I used smart keyboard pro before that, no comparison...Swype is awesome!

Swype doesn't cut it for me, because I much rather type with both of my thumbs. When trying to type with both hands, I would get major errors in Swype because typing faster makes it think there are "swypes" occurring.

Was using HTC IME for a good while because the dictionary is extremely good, but autocorrect would bug me at times.

I mainly use Smart Keyboard Pro. The multi-touch allows for super fast typing, and i love that you can longpress for symbols//numbers.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Another vote for Swype here.

Anybody have any clue as to when Swype will be released? (and what it will cost?)

Swype can be available if you look hard enough.
    I'm definitly buying it when it does get released - so should you.
    Rooted Nexus One

Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    I haven't yet tried Swype, but ShapeWriter also has the longpress for symbols//numbers capability and a customizable dictionary.

Any of you who've used Swype that notice a difference with ShapeWriter? As I haven't tried Swype, I have no comparison but I gotta say that ShapeWriter is fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by junkeeroo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    I haven't yet tried Swype, but ShapeWriter also has the longpress for symbols//numbers capability and a customizable dictionary.

Any of you who've used Swype that notice a difference with ShapeWriter? As I haven't tried Swype, I have no comparison but I gotta say that ShapeWriter is fantastic.
    I use to use SW until I tried swype, and there is a noticeable difference: Swype is better. Better word recognition and better options (swype puntuation)...
    Rooted Nexus One

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links