micro SD size

This is a discussion on micro SD size within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; i have read that nexus can take up to 16gb microSD cards, i have heard this said often, but a few times ive heard it ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: micro SD size

micro SD size

i have read that nexus can take up to 16gb microSD cards, i have heard this said often, but a few times ive heard it said they can take up to 32 gb? which is true? I just got my n1 a week ago and im already almost through the 4gig it came with.

I cant even find 32 gb cards, do they exist?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

they take 32gb but that are very rare and they also cost much more per gb than the rest 16 gb will be fine

Honestly, unless you seriously want to carry your WHOLE library of music/movies/etc, 32gb is massively overkill for the Nexus.

I've been using a 8gb card, and still have yet to even get close to filling it up. I have about 5gbs of data, including about 10 or so albums of music. I don't really listen to music of my nexus very often though.

I originally tried to put LOTS of movies 500mb++ each on the card, and the Gallery started FCing upon opening because it wasn't able to read/load all of the large movie files I had on the memory card. That was using the 4gb card that comes with the Nexus. Haven't tried lately with my Class6 card, but I don't have any reason yet to put movies on my Nexus. :P

Oh, about 32gb cards, they definitely exist. But they are extremely expensive right now, and I'm not sure if classes above Class 2 are available to buy yet.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

just wanted to catch up on my TV shows on the way to work, liked the idea of loading up a week or so worth of eps and not having to be mindful of space.

such a useless 2 hours on the way to and from work ya know!

spoze i can live with 16gb

for now

I found (through lots of trial and error, lots of error) that having the proper format was crucial. If it's not exactly what my phone wanted, my entire gallery would never load. Never. Even one small video in the improper format messed it up. I thought I was converting to the correct format, my stupid program said it was. So after some investigating, I started converting with Handbrake, used "Iphone and touch" setting and just adjusted the size and it worked like a charm. After getting the right format, I've had no issues at all. I now have 28 movies and vids on my 16gb, class 2 card and have no issues since. (knock on wood) I don't know if all of this holds true for everyone's phone but it was for my phone.

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    I've seen adapters that can put in to two 16g micro SD cards. How reliable they are is another question.
    Androidfied.

Yeah, 32gb may certainly be overkill. I've got one though, cause you never know when you're gonna need it. Probably never, but you never KNOW.

Sandisk 16gb micro SD card :cool:

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    I've seen adapters that can put in to two 16g micro SD cards. How reliable they are is another question.
    And it actually fits in the device?

i could see 2 micro SD fitting in a normal SD but what he asks is against the laws of physics

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links