O2 UK "Unlimited" web bolt on limit is 200MB

This is a discussion on O2 UK "Unlimited" web bolt on limit is 200MB within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Im in the Uk on vodafone and i get 1gb a month free with my package bad i can bolt on a further 500mb after ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: O2 UK "Unlimited" web bolt on limit is 200MB

Im in the Uk on vodafone and i get 1gb a month free with my package bad i can bolt on a further 500mb after that o2 is just taking the piss id write to ofcom , they stopped them saying the speed was unlimited and i imagine they will stop this loophole that makes the fair use the limit soon..

Quote Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
    UK allowances are not generous.

We are a small, overpopulated island giving us a huge demand on the networks which are creaking at the seams - hence the smaller allowances

The networks paid $35 billion to the government for the licences and then struggled to find the cash to build their networks which suffer from underinvestment. Now the government want to charge them again for 4G

Good news for those who live in the US however, Some of the money paid by the networks went to pay off our debt to the USA for aid during the 2nd World War
    i don't think a single word of that is true! you are from earth arent you ?
    The UK has one of the best mobile infrastructures with 4 networks with over 90% national coverage. there isnt a single carrier in the US with anything like 90% coverage, and ours is HSDPA which is twice as fast as the US 3g networks..
    my Uk Vodafone is blisteringly quick 7.2mb/s everywhere i go. Even when i went mountain climbing last week I foursquared from the peak and uploaded it to google then phones the missus to tell her i hadnt died.

If you think ours is bad you need to travel more half of america only gets 2g. its because were are densely populated and have lots of cash we are the perfect customer base for upgraded mobile coms,.. only japan is better

http://www.coveragemaps.com/gsmposter_world.htm

look at that map. only 30% of the USA has 3g coverage! we have 390% in the UK i.e. in 99% we can get 4 different 3g networks

I am sure Verizon has more than 30% 3g coverage, but they are not GSM based.

I am from earth and a contributor to the trade press for UK telecoms. As such I get to visit and talk to all sorts of people within the industry. Prior to that I was on the transmission side from 1993 to 2007 conducting field tests.

I have not reported anything that has not been a subject of in-depth articles and discussions within the UK.

I've never been to the USA but their situation is totally different in the way things were set up in the first place and they have suffered for it.

I have travelled extensively in Europe and some countries impress me greatly whilst others not so.

But Britain does have the problem of a lot of people packed into small areas requiring access. Look at the money O2 have just thrown into getting capacity up in London and people are still complaining there are times of the day when their phones are all but useless. Serving these whilst trying to expand 3G coverage into smaller places in the likes of Wales and Scotland is a challenge, hence network share schemes.

Well, it's all turned out better for me in the end.

I'm now with T-Mobile, 2.50 less per month for more minutes and a 3GB data limit.

T-Mobile do two "flexible boosters" for internet. The "normal" one has a limit of 1GB, and then there's an Android one that normally costs 5 more, but has a 3GB limit.

They waived the extra 5 in an attempt to harpoon me... and it worked

Should note though - they don't seem to offer the Android version online. I had to phone up to get it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links