Not showing updates?!

This is a discussion on Not showing updates?! within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; My N1 didn't tell me updates were available for the Facebook app. Even when I went into the market app and searched for Facebook, it ...

Thread: Not showing updates?!

Not showing updates?!

My N1 didn't tell me updates were available for the Facebook app. Even when I went into the market app and searched for Facebook, it just said "Free" (not "Installed" or "Update Available".)

The new facebook version gives access to my inbox which is good.

My point is.. are there any more updates to native phone apps I don't know about?

Were you guys informed about the Facebook update?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

FB app came installed on your phone, because it was never installed from the Market it didn't show you the update. Now that you've updated once from the Market it will show them from now on.

I believe it's the same for any pre-installed app (GMaps, Googles, etc).

Funny, after reading this threat, I went ahead and updated Facebook through the market, and now the widget won't load up. Uninstalled and all is well again. Anyone else have this happen???

I don't use facebook, not notified of an update. But I have received notifications for google maps having an update available.

That got me to thinking about the talk app and I searched the market for both "talk" and "google talk" and did not see it there. Any one have any ideas about how to find that?

I've had the same problem with apps not showing updates. that's generally for apps that came pre-installed.

But, I have noticed that I don't get any notifications for ANY apps in my notification bar. I have to MANUALLY go into the market-->downloads to see if an update is available. once the update is almost done downloading SOMETIMES, I get a notification that "an update is available" (only after I have already started downloading said update). Anybody else have this problem with the market not alerting you to available updates?

It used to show updates, but now it doesn't anymore... that's true, I think.

Maybe it's because my app-killer kills the market app? Don't know..

No big deal anyway!

I have the same problem, I don't get alerts for updates. Could be ATK, who knows. I'm not too concerned either because I'm in the Market app daily anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by N1David View Post
    That got me to thinking about the talk app and I searched the market for both "talk" and "google talk" and did not see it there. Any one have any ideas about how to find that?
    I remember reading on XDA that Google doesn't put Google Talk on the Market. No idea why.

Apparently the HTC Desire on Orange doesn't include it, so people are searching for the Google Talk apk. I guess they want the "official" Talk app.

Thanks for the info on Google Talk.
    I was just hoping maybe I missed something, but I guess I didn't.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links