Android 2.2 w/Flash (auto update?)

This is a discussion on Android 2.2 w/Flash (auto update?) within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by alphawave7 Originally Posted by keyplyr From my friends working on Froyo at Qualcom, it should be a significant OS upgrade expected approx ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Android 2.2 w/Flash (auto update?)

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by keyplyr View Post
    From my friends working on Froyo at Qualcom, it should be a significant OS upgrade expected approx May 19 to be rolled out by region over several days.

Which reminds me of the fact Google doesn't beta outside itself..../grrrrr
    Reason why I really want to work at Googleplex.
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    Forgive my ignorance, but since this is rumored to be a "large" update, is there a rule of thumb for how much free space we should be sure to have on the phone before we update?
    I think that's a good question. I would hope that the update process would say something like "Unable to update, XX MB space needed and you only have XX MB available. Please free up some memory and the update will be re-tried automatically again."

No worries.
    Why not? If for example you had no memory card in, you had only 5MB free, and it's a 20MB download - then you'd have worries. If you don't have enough main memory free, I'd like to think that it would try using the memory card if there's space.

Does anyone who's made a ROM image know how big it is? If for example the cyanogen mod full OS image is 64MB, then we at least have a theoretical maximum to aim at.
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

Quote Originally Posted by dd4005 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    Forgive my ignorance, but since this is rumored to be a "large" update, is there a rule of thumb for how much free space we should be sure to have on the phone before we update?
    I think that's a good question. I would hope that the update process would say something like "Unable to update, XX MB space needed and you only have XX MB available. Please free up some memory and the update will be re-tried automatically again."

No worries.
    Why not? If for example you had no memory card in, you had only 5MB free, and it's a 20MB download - then you'd have worries. If you don't have enough main memory free, I'd like to think that it would try using the memory card if there's space.

Does anyone who's made a ROM image know how big it is? If for example the cyanogen mod full OS image is 64MB, then we at least have a theoretical maximum to aim at.
    just use apps2sd
    :nexusx: Nexus One Beta Tester

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links