Android 2.2 w/Flash (auto update?)

This is a discussion on Android 2.2 w/Flash (auto update?) within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; When Android 2.2 is released with Flash Player built in (in June 2010), will we get it on our phones as an automatic update? How ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Android 2.2 w/Flash (auto update?)

Android 2.2 w/Flash (auto update?)

When Android 2.2 is released with Flash Player built in (in June 2010), will we get it on our phones as an automatic update? How big is an entire Android OS release? I imagine it can't be all that big if it's fitting on a phone.
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

If your phone is not rooted, then it will be an OTA update. OTA means over the air, so you'll get a notification that an update is available.
    This is how the last update was delivered.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

As has every released update of Android I've had over the years. The release can be either larger or smaller than exisitng, depending on how they have optimised code or added/removed features, but in general it's slightly larger.

Thanks. Good to know
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

From my friends working on Froyo at Qualcom, it should be a significant OS upgrade expected approx May 19 to be rolled out by region over several days.

Quote Originally Posted by keyplyr View Post
    From my friends working on Froyo at Qualcom, it should be a significant OS upgrade expected approx May 19 to be rolled out by region over several days.

Which reminds me of the fact Google doesn't beta outside itself..../grrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by keyplyr View Post
    Oh <sarcastic> great I'll probably get it by November then Might have to leave my US VPN on all day ;-)

Forgive my ignorance, but since this is rumored to be a "large" update, is there a rule of thumb for how much free space we should be sure to have on the phone before we update?

Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    Forgive my ignorance, but since this is rumored to be a "large" update, is there a rule of thumb for how much free space we should be sure to have on the phone before we update?
    No worries.

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    If your phone is not rooted, then it will be an OTA update. OTA means over the air, so you'll get a notification that an update is available.
    This is how the last update was delivered.
    That is not how mine came. I was working late at night at JFK airport and I looked at my phone to see what time it was. It was loading the OTA all by itself. It never notified me, just did it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links