Should I Root Now?

This is a discussion on Should I Root Now? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by dudewithaplan I know that some blogs love to bag on google for everything. So maybe I'm falling for their schtick, but what ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should I Root Now?

Quote Originally Posted by dudewithaplan View Post
    I know that some blogs love to bag on google for everything. So maybe I'm falling for their schtick, but what I'm reading is that they may be moving on from the n1 and not doing anything in the form of updates in the future focusing more on newer more successful phones. I couldn't care less if nobody else bought an n1 as long as google tries to keep people that bought them happy. I just want to be assured that they will make sure that the n1 gets all of the latest and greatest updates that it is capable of receiving. Somewhere I read that we won't even get froyo.
    Where did you read that? I'm pretty sure you misunderstood. Google has said that they've stopped working on the apparent 3G issues that some people were reporting. They never said they were going to stop updating altogether or that they were moving on and focusing on newer phones.

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    I have zero inside knowledge, but I can't imagine that being the case....this is the ONLY phone that Google is directly responsible for!
    That they use to develop on. Thats why it is thought we may get faster updates because all the other phones will need to take the update, mkae it work for their UI, and approve it before updating.
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

I've been contemplating rooting my N1 but I'm a bit concerned about being able to reset the phone back to stock in case of any warranty issues. Can you go back to an 'unrooted' state?

Quote Originally Posted by BlindOne View Post
    Can you go back to an 'unrooted' state?
    No
    Pff, too short. So let me rephrase: No, you cannot :D
    My sigs keep getting

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
    No
    yes,you can,just buy another n1

No
    I came from a G1 which, pretty much, had to be rooted to run well. Thankfully the stock N1 runs great so I guess I'll leave it the way it is. Thanks for the response.

In a few months or so you could still decide to root, no hurries, and you'll have a brand new feel to your phone then
    My sigs keep getting

In a few months or so you could still decide to root, no hurries, and you'll have a brand new feel to your phone then
    True dat! The only thing I really care about is theming, I hate that white bar at the top of the screen. ANY other color would be better! LOL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links