Should I Root Now?

This is a discussion on Should I Root Now? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I was going to root my phone when the new Cyanagen mod comes out...was all ready to do it. Now I hear there is going ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I Root Now?

Should I Root Now?

I was going to root my phone when the new Cyanagen mod comes out...was all ready to do it.

Now I hear there is going to be a massive OTA. Assuming the Cyan Mod come out firsts, should I still wait? Will it be Froyo? Will apps go directly to card? will it utilize the 512 memory? Will it fix the 3g probs? Does Google even care anymore?

From what I've read Google has given up on 3g...meaning it's either a Tmob problem or hardware. I have had a few problems with it and hope it gets fixed. Also Google seems to be giving up on being a retailer in the U.S. Verizon won't get the phone and sales are pathetic. I wouldn't be surprised if both the HD2 and Incredible have both already outsold the N1. Furthermore Google is actively pushing Verizon customers to go with the incredible.

I know this was about the OTA and Rooting, but I have to say. If this OTA is nothing short of Froyo with the most of my listed wishes on it, I feel as though Google has taken me for a ride. I guess i just wish my phone were faster more than anything. It has moments when it is slow.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

just wait till the OTA and see if you wanna root.

As far as Im concerned I will be more than happy with being of the few with an N1, who cares what Verizon customers are using. All of Googles employees use the N1, it will continue this way because Google develops on the stock Android platform and not Sense UI or any other UI. Other manufactures besides HTC will put out more android phones with the new software and they will probably do their own UI. Google uses the N1, me too, I don't have anything to worry about.
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

Whatever Google pushes in the OTA with be almost immediately available in any custom ROM. You won't lose the option of getting the new features just because you want to switch to a custom ROM right now.

Naw don't wait. Froyo won't be out til June. You can't resist the Cyanogen goodness..
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by dudewithaplan View Post

I know this was about the OTA and Rooting, but I have to say. If this OTA is nothing short of Froyo with the most of my listed wishes on it, I feel as though Google has taken me for a ride. I guess i just wish my phone were faster more than anything. It has moments when it is slow.
    why when did google promise you anything??

are you not happy with the phone as it is?

faster in what way mines blisteringly quick? is it your 3g connection?

if anything its HTC you should be angry with they make the desire and the nexus then straight away release the legend and the incredible shooting google and themselves in the foot they didnt give them any time to sell before releasing the next model which was stupid IMO and who would buy an incredible when there will be a super dooper amazing out next week making it old straight away.

Quote Originally Posted by SENTY View Post

why when did google promise you anything??

are you not happy with the phone as it is?

faster in what way mines blisteringly quick? is it your 3g connection?

if anything its HTC you should be angry with they make the desire and the nexus then straight away release the legend and the incredible shooting google and themselves in the foot they didnt give them any time to sell before releasing the next model which was stupid IMO and who would buy an incredible when there will be a super dooper amazing out next week making it old straight away.

very well said, never understood why phone companies are taking that approach right now. Ok, i mean a few years ago, absoloutly,...this is how they made their money , and the public didnt have no idea about what was coming out next, so everyone would buy the hottest device right then and there making the company millions etc. But these days is what im confused about, a company will launch a phone, the Nexus, the Incredible etc...and its no suprise to anyone that right around the corner their will be an Evo and more phones right after that making these new phones that are being launched now old right away. Seems to me like the companies can care less if their shooting themselvs in the foot....what if no one bought an incredible?, because hello!, theres a new phone coming out next month that blows that out the water(and the publick knows this for a fact)..thats a very big chance verizon was taking knowing all of this. All the less its very safe to say that it a very unpredictable market now, or should i say 'predictable'..and sometimes its just the inner geek,gaget teckie in us that just cant seem to keep our hands off things coming out right away. Heck, If were up to me and had the money for it, i would buy every phone out there just to have them and mess around with, wouldnt u
    ?

Did you realize that:
    Nexus is available on T-mobile and AT&T
    Incredible is available on Verizon
    Evo will be a Sprint phone

No competition among the same phone companies it looks like. Seems to me we are all getting a good Android phone.

Have you taken into account release dates? The guy releasing first will more than likely have a disadvantage, but many of us have had our N1 since January. There may be something coming out with a couple more megapixels in the camera but Ive been a satisfied ligthning fast Android 2.1 user for many months now

If you didn't buy a phone a cause a 'better' phone will be out in 2 months, means your never gonna own a phone
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

Quote Originally Posted by dimmakherbs View Post

As far as Im concerned I will be more than happy with being of the few with an N1, who cares what Verizon customers are using. All of Googles employees use the N1, it will continue this way because Google develops on the stock Android platform and not Sense UI or any other UI. Other manufactures besides HTC will put out more android phones with the new software and they will probably do their own UI. Google uses the N1, me too, I don't have anything to worry about.
    I know that some blogs love to bag on google for everything. So maybe I'm falling for their schtick, but what I'm reading is that they may be moving on from the n1 and not doing anything in the form of updates in the future focusing more on newer more successful phones. I couldn't care less if nobody else bought an n1 as long as google tries to keep people that bought them happy. I just want to be assured that they will make sure that the n1 gets all of the latest and greatest updates that it is capable of receiving. Somewhere I read that we won't even get froyo.

Quote Originally Posted by dimmakherbs View Post

I know that some blogs love to bag on google for everything. So maybe I'm falling for their schtick, but what I'm reading is that they may be moving on from the n1 and not doing anything in the form of updates in the future focusing more on newer more successful phones. I couldn't care less if nobody else bought an n1 as long as google tries to keep people that bought them happy. I just want to be assured that they will make sure that the n1 gets all of the latest and greatest updates that it is capable of receiving. Somewhere I read that we won't even get froyo.
    If I tell you that everyone's Nexus One will self-destruct in a month would you say.

"Somewhere I read that our Nexus Ones will self-destruct in a month."

You can't trust everything that goes on the internet, you need credible sources.
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have zero inside knowledge, but I can't imagine that being the case....this is the ONLY phone that Google is directly responsible for!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links