conversions

This is a discussion on conversions within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; ive used 2 convertors to put movies on my n1 ojosoft converted a 700mb movie to 1.2 gb ?? handbrake converted the same movie to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: conversions

conversions

ive used 2 convertors to put movies on my n1
    ojosoft converted a 700mb movie to 1.2 gb ??
    handbrake converted the same movie to 445mb ??
    but with both these convertors i cant get full screen as they have the black bars top and bottom,so my question is is there a convertor that can give me the full screen on my n1 or do i just have to live with what ive got lol,thanks,it's ok tried 2 more from market and mvideoplayer does full screen yeeeeeha,you can save this post for other users or delete

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Ill have to try that. What format are you converting them to? Ive been trying to use dropbox to stream movies but haven't figured out the correct format yet...
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    Ill have to try that. What format are you converting them to? Ive been trying to use dropbox to stream movies but haven't figured out the correct format yet...
    on the right hand side of the handbrake one there is an iphone/ipod one i used which worked fine
    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...nexus-one.html

Thank you for that link! Ill check that out
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    Thank you for that link! Ill check that out
    no probs sbs i wouldnt be swyping if it werent for you

Quote Originally Posted by tonybhoy View Post
    but with both these convertors i cant get full screen as they have the black bars top and bottom,so my question is is there a convertor that can give me the full screen on my n1 or do i just have to live with what ive got lol,thanks,it's ok tried 2 more from market and mvideoplayer does full screen yeeeeeha,you can save this post for other users or delete
    in order to make it full screen, you would have to crop a little bit from the sides of the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by ardynine View Post
    in order to make it full screen, you would have to crop a little bit from the sides of the movie.
    mvideoplayer gives you option for full screen

Quote Originally Posted by ardynine View Post
    mvideoplayer gives you option for full screen
    yeah which zooms in and sacrifices a little from the sides to make it full screen.
    i figured there was an easier way

It is what it is...the debate between "full screen" and "original aspect ratio" has raged in the videophile community for some time. Me, I like seeing the full aspect ratio that the film was shot in, not sacrificing any of the original image to screen size limitations.

For example, the movie "Multiplicity" was absolutely ruined when fitted to a 'conventional' aspect ratio. Much of the impact of that film was in seeing up to 5 Michael Keatons in one frame...filling the screen for the sake of doing it did not allow for that full impact to be made.

and the debate will go on lol at least you can revert back if full screen is no good

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links