Possible to voice call and end calls via mic??

This is a discussion on Possible to voice call and end calls via mic?? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Ok, so I'm thinking of getting new earbuds for my N1. But I have two questions before I spend $100 on these (Klipsch S4): - ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible to voice call and end calls via mic??

Smile Possible to voice call and end calls via mic??

Ok, so I'm thinking of getting new earbuds for my N1.

But I have two questions before I spend $100 on these (Klipsch S4):

- Is it possible to make voice calls via the mic? "Call Peter"! I read somewhere that this didn't work..

- Can you end calls using the buttons? (Also read that this didn't work).

I guess what I'm basically asking is: Is it possible to make calls without taking out you N1 from your pocket? I guess that is the whole point with a hands-free...

Anyone had any experience with this?

Thank you for any answers!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I could be mistaken, but I believe that voice dialing only doesn't work on BlueTooth headsets. Should work fine on a wired headset like the Klipsch.

Just looked at your link, and that set doesn't have a mic at all! THIS is the set you'd need to do what you want: http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/product...-s4i-overview/

Thanks, I fixed the link to the right one.

Anyone else who can verify this?

voice dialing is a no go for BT.
    However if you can make the voice dialer pop up you can call with voice, or open any program you want. Call John on mobile, open Pandora etc...
    you will have to press that button on the phone tho.
    As far as ending the call, I don't think you can do that with voice. If the other person hangs up the phone will resume where it was- playing music etc..
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

hmm..

So there's no way to make a call using the buttons on the headset?

The manual says, I think, that one can end calls by holding down the play button on the cord. Does this not work?

Well, don't know how helpful this is, but I use a set of AIAIAI headphones with mic.

On mine I can voice call, answer calls, hang-up and put the current call on mute. Cannot switch to the another line if there is an incoming call though!

That IS helpful, thanks!! Do you have a link for those headphones?
    Have you tried doing the same with the original earbuds?

These are the ones I have and where I bought them (about 2 yrs ago now) AiAiAi Pipe Earphones with Mic and Button - AIA-045-09 | Dijital Fix

The manufacturers site is AIAIAI - Earphones, Headphones & Headsets worth checking out because I'm sure they have newer models than mine now.

I've never used the original buds, but I can give them a try tonight and see how they work. Do you not have yours?? I'll try mine and report back later. Maybe they work the same

That would have been great! Thanks!

I have mine, but I forgot them at my mother's place. Wont' get them back in like a month or so..

Quote Originally Posted by elvis1 View Post
    That would have been great! Thanks!

I have mine, but I forgot them at my mother's place. Wont' get them back in like a month or so..
    Well, some interesting results!

I can't comment on the music button features of the headset because I listen to streaming radio using the XiiiaLive app and neither headset works for controlling the app.

First, I'm going to go by what features they list in the N1 Help docs about the factory headset Using the headset - Nexus One Help

For an incoming call, press to answer.
    Factory - didn't work, I had to slide the green unlock bar onscreen to answer.
    Mine - press the headset button and it answers.

During a phone call, press to mute or unmute the microphone.
    Factory - hard to use! Must have pressed a dozen times before I got the right "angle" for my presses to get it to work.
    Mine - works perfectly, just press/unpress the button for mute/unmute

During a phone call, press & hold to hang up the call.
    Factory - works perfectly
    Mine - doesn't work. Thought it did, but nope. I now realize I usually don't hang-up at all. Once the other person hangs-up, the N1 automatically hangs up on its own. Otherwise you need to press the screen to hang up.

As far as voice dialing goes, both work ok. You need to hold the Search button on the phone but can speak into the headset mic "Call Bob" and it works.

One other thing I noticed is that my headset is about 3 times as loud as the factory one. I couldn't believe it. I know I keep the volume down low when using it but I almost blew my ears out when I went from factory headset to mine. LOL. There is a HUGE difference in volume. It's almost unbelievable.

Overall, I would never use the factory headset for phone calls or my streaming music. I find it has poor sound quality, is far too quiet and is uncomfortable (I'm use to fit the in-ear buds now)

I should also mention that I'm running Cyanogen's MOD. This *might* have an effect on my results, although I doubt it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links