Nexus One 3D a bit disappointing

This is a discussion on Nexus One 3D a bit disappointing within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; A big reason why I bought the Nexus One was over the excitement about the cpu/gpu and how it was going to handle everything better ...

Thread: Nexus One 3D a bit disappointing

Unhappy Nexus One 3D a bit disappointing

A big reason why I bought the Nexus One was over the excitement about the cpu/gpu and how it was going to handle everything better than the competition, including 3D graphics. I've been waiting to see some things and decided to do a google for 'Can Nexus One do 3D'. I found a Nexus One VS iPhone 3Gs comparison and it sort of shot down my hopes of seeing 3D games running as detailed and smooth as the iPhone. Even though the frame drop was greater on the iPhone when more geometry was added, it was still higher and initially ran at almost twice the framerate.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYqZK25KU3U&feature=related"]YouTube - Google Nexus v iPhone 3GS 3D Performance[/ame]

At first you theorize that the reason why the framerate is lower on the N1 is because of the higher res display demanding more fillrate. According to the tester though, the animations were running at the same resolution. I also read that even the Droid is going to be better at gaming and 3D because it also utilizes the PowerVR chip that the iPhone uses.

Although my N1 has almost completely replaced my iPod touch for everything except for gaming, and is now what I pick up off my desk when I leave the house, I'm pretty disappointed about the test and performance of 3D.

Is the powerVR chip just better for 3D purposes? Is there something that possibly wasn't utilized or optimized for the hardware?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by spacemanjupiter View Post
    ... I found a Nexus One VS iPhone 3Gs comparison and it sort of shot down my hopes of seeing 3D games running as detailed and smooth as the iPhone.
    Consider the game was developed to run on the iPhone. Developers are catching up to Android as we speak.

It's no great secret that the N1 has a superior CPU and an inferior GPU. So don't bother calling the news. If all you want to do is play games, get a 3GS.

From what I've read, JIT should help improve gaming on the N1. Hopefully its Stable Soon!
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    From what I've read, JIT should help improve gaming on the N1. Hopefully its Stable Soon!
    JIT is going to make the N1 a KILLER!! Ive read news this is planned to be shown off at Google's I/O on the 19th...
    can't wait to see, its supposed to make it FAST
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

Not only know that but it doesn't even have all of OpenGL 2.0 on the phone yet so give it some time.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links