Anyone notice a T-Mobile speed boost?

This is a discussion on Anyone notice a T-Mobile speed boost? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Here in vegas, I used to avg 400-500 for the past 2 months since owning the N1. But this week, I've been surprise how fast ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone notice a T-Mobile speed boost?

Here in vegas, I used to avg 400-500 for the past 2 months since owning the N1. But this week, I've been surprise how fast my dl has been when I ran speedtest. Now I'm averaging 1.2-2.0. I'm really happy with the improvement so far. Maybe tmo has finally bump up there speed here in vegas. Anyone in the vegas area noticing bump in dl speed? Faster surfing speed too using skyfire browser and streaming video playback.

Quote Originally Posted by blackstar View Post
    Here in vegas, I used to avg 400-500 for the past 2 months since owning the N1. But this week, I've been surprise how fast my dl has been when I ran speedtest. Now I'm averaging 1.2-2.0. I'm really happy with the improvement so far. Maybe tmo has finally bump up there speed here in vegas. Anyone in the vegas area noticing bump in dl speed? Faster surfing speed too using skyfire browser and streaming video playback.
    There's another guy from Vegas on here I think... Eddie? maybe? He's got the ninja avatar. I think.

I should have noted, the download speed has jumped significantly, my upload/ping is the same basically (but I'm fine with that for now). It's interesting watching the speed test results, about halfway through it seems to hit a lull around 700k (where it used to just sit for the rest of the time in previous tests) but with the faster speed, it hits that 700k, sits for a second then kind of hits another gear, almost like a car shifting and it takes off up to the 1200-1700 range.

I also wonder if this might be timed to the (alleged) release of Flash in Froyo coming in June? Maybe T-Mobile is getting ready to start streaming video on the network?

Whatever the reason, I'm loving it!
    :nexusx: A new hope. :nexusx:

Since Monday the speed was hideous in Chicago land are until last night. Now I hit 1800 consistenly. I'm heading to downtown south loop. I will see how fast it will be down there.

No change here in Houston.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

I'm between Seattle and Tacoma Washington and I'm getting around 500-600 kbps d/l and 400-500 kbps u/l. When I was in Seattle, I was getting around 1300/400 speeds.

Wish it was faster =*(

In south loop of Chicago and speed is terrible.I'm barely getting 600...

I have a weird situation in here in hawaii. Usually I get about 500-700kbs on 3g but today I noticed my phone was on edge (it does that from time to time). Decided to run the speed test and I got over 1000 kbs. Had to do a double take and and I swear I ran the test 5 times and they all showed over 1000. Edge faster then 3g? or is something wrong with my phone lol?

I take that back just ran a test on 3g and highest I got was 1575 with a median of about 1300-1400. It is indeed almost 3x faster here in hawaii compared to yesterday.

I wonder what speed we will be able to get if we get pings lower than 100... having 1500+ speed with 250-400 pings

Quote Originally Posted by hawon View Post
    I wonder what speed we will be able to get if we get pings lower than 100... having 1500+ speed with 250-400 pings
    I don't know that that ping speed would equate to in KB speed but I definitely know the web would feel a lot faster with desktop-like response times while surfing around. I can't wait for that day.
    :nexusx: A new hope. :nexusx:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links