Anyone notice a T-Mobile speed boost?

This is a discussion on Anyone notice a T-Mobile speed boost? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Anyone else noticing a boost in their t-mobile 3g speeds recently? Since I've bought my Nexus I've never been able to break 1000 kbps in ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone notice a T-Mobile speed boost?

Anyone notice a T-Mobile speed boost?

Anyone else noticing a boost in their t-mobile 3g speeds recently? Since I've bought my Nexus I've never been able to break 1000 kbps in St. Louis on 3g. Normally it was in the 500kb range on average, with speeds up to 700-800 kb on a good day.

Today I did a speedtest with the Speed Test app and did a quadruple take when I saw the speeds -- I have been getting pretty consistent 1200-1700 kbps all day at work and at home! Ping speeds are still in the 200-300 ms range.

Is anyone else seeing a bump in their Tmo speeds? I haven't seen cell speed numbers like these since I was in Austin a few months ago. It's good to see T-mobile's finally giving their HSPDA+ pipes more juice finally!

I wonder if this has anything to do with Sprint announcing 18 new '4g' cities coming this summer (including St. Louis): Sprint to Roll Out 4G in 18 More Cities This Summer - Mobiledia
    :nexusx: A new hope. :nexusx:

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

This network boost (hopefully it sticks), plus news about how bad the Incredible's camera is (compared to the Nexus The Incredible Camera Showdown: Droid Incredible VS Nexus One – Android and Me) has me very happy with the N1 and has curbed a lot of my temptation to jump to my old provider -- Big Red.

I'm so glad I didn't wait for the Nexus on Verizon.

I'm about 3 hours north of you and haven't noticed any change. I'm still in the 700-900 range for the most part....
    Rooted Nexus One

Quote Originally Posted by Fuse View Post
    I'm about 3 hours north of you and haven't noticed any change. I'm still in the 700-900 range for the most part....
    Hmm... Well, I hope it's coming your way. Maybe the pipes need to thaw out from the winter.

Unhappy

No noticeable difference here in Ohio
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

I have a separate posting about my 3G speeds being faster than my home WiFi.
    I wonder if that is why it is faster, but still doesn't help me and my slow WiFi on my phone.

I'm getting 2000 now here in Chicago.
    I used to get 1000 or so before.

my speed with wifi normally runs around 2500-3000. which means that now I'm getting very closer to wifi with 3g. nice

In the loop about two months ago I was getting about 1700
    Rooted Nexus One

Quote Originally Posted by NexusWon View Post
    Anyone else noticing a boost in their t-mobile 3g speeds recently?
    T-Mo has been upgrading their network/tower capability to support greater speeds. I've read similar reports of boosted speeds in various parts of the country. Hopefully this will soon come to those T-Mo customers that have been complaining about poor speed.

i noticed a difference in the last couple of days in chicago

went from 500 kbps to 1500-2000 kbps with 3g

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links