Google Nav sent me to the wrong place!!

This is a discussion on Google Nav sent me to the wrong place!! within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Okay so I've had my N1 for approximately 1 month now and for the most part I love the phone. However, yesterday I was driving ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Google Nav sent me to the wrong place!!

Question Google Nav sent me to the wrong place!!

Okay so I've had my N1 for approximately 1 month now and for the most part I love the phone. However, yesterday I was driving to downtown Chicago for a meeting and I had N1 in my Gogle dock happily talking to my wife. I had the navigation on with the address as a parking garage in Chicago (I had a specific address because I wwas getting free parking). When I reached downtown the Nav informed me that the destination was reached and showed me a street level view of my destination. I pulled into the parking garage and realized that I was in the wrong place!! After they tried to collect six dollars and finally getting out of it I drove around the block again and once again the navigation gave me the wrong address. The real address was one block East!!! Anyone have this problem?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Google nav is very accurate but not perfect. Is there a way to report the inaccuracy so they can fix it?
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Yeah, you can't trust the street numbers. It'll get you to the street, but the actual address is up to you to verify. I wouldn't blame GNav per se, they get their data from other vendors. GNav's job is to make that data available to us.

I'e had TomTom and Garmin do the same...

My phone is more acurate than my old Garmin (it was stolen, so past tense). It had me turn into the wrong complex with a Uhaul and I needed a Semi Towing vehicle to get me out. I know none are perfect so I always just get close and look for it by number myself after that fiasco I went through
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

This might help on reporting errors?

Find Road & Map Errors On Google Maps? How To Report Them

Also, I usually print a MapQuest backup if it is a new area to me. None of the Nav Systems are 100%

I use TeleNav and would say it is 99%

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Tip: Only use GPS for location. Do not use GPS & Network at the same time when using Google Maps and Navigation.

Quote Originally Posted by keyplyr View Post
    Tip: Only use GPS for location. Do not use GPS & Network at the same time when using Google Maps and Navigation.
    How come? I've never had a problem doing that.

The problem here is the street numbers are not exactly correct. Be sure to verify where you are. That's all. Same problem with all GPS's

I haven't had any problems with it taking me to the wrong place (yet), and in some cases it's been more accurate than my vehicle's built-in nav system. The only problem I've had with it so far is the voice guidance either not speaking at all, or it stops speaking half-way through the route. The worst is when it stops speaking half-way through the route, as I don't realize it's not speaking at first and then I miss a turn because I'm not looking at the screen.

It hasn't sent me to the wrong place, but it doesn't always get me exactly to the place. I know where my local Fry's it, but I used Google Nav to see if it would get me there. As mentioned by FlyingsCool, it got me to the street, but instead of telling me to turn into the driveway or "your destination is on the right" it told me to keep going straight. Straight to an area where I know has no entrace... It's done that a few times at a few places, but other times it gets me right where I need to be.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links