Possible to unRoot and go back to waranty?

This is a discussion on Possible to unRoot and go back to waranty? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by rioja Good info! I always thought unlocking the bootloader voided everything. Nope! lots of rooted guys have sent the phone in, most ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Possible to unRoot and go back to waranty?

  1. #11
    Senior Member dimmakherbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    475
    Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    Good info! I always thought unlocking the bootloader voided everything.
    Nope! lots of rooted guys have sent the phone in, most of the time it comes back unrooted, lol.
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

  2. #12
    Android Addict alphawave7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    609
    Thanked
    62 times
    Actually, unlocking the bootloader IS breaking the warranty (regardless of software/hardware), HTC has simply chosen, for the time being, to honor hardware repairs on rooted phones. Here's the actual language, and I bolded the applicable root section:

    What kind of things can void the warranty coverage?
    Here are a few examples of actions that void the warranty coverage:
    rough handling of the device
    exposure of the device to extreme conditions
    tampering with the device, including removal or defacing of the serial number, IMEI number, or water indicator
    unauthorized opening or repair of the device
    tampering with or short-circuiting the battery
    unlocking the bootloader using the fastboot program
    For a complete list, refer to the warranty card included with your Nexus One and also available below.


    This is from the source:
    Warranty : Returns and warranty - Nexus One Help

  3. #13
    Senior Member dimmakherbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    475
    Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Actually, unlocking the bootloader IS breaking the warranty (regardless of software/hardware), HTC has simply chosen, for the time being, to honor hardware repairs on rooted phones. Here's the actual language, and I bolded the applicable root section:

    What kind of things can void the warranty coverage?
    Here are a few examples of actions that void the warranty coverage:
    rough handling of the device
    exposure of the device to extreme conditions
    tampering with the device, including removal or defacing of the serial number, IMEI number, or water indicator
    unauthorized opening or repair of the device
    tampering with or short-circuiting the battery
    unlocking the bootloader using the fastboot program
    For a complete list, refer to the warranty card included with your Nexus One and also available below.


    This is from the source:
    Warranty : Returns and warranty - Nexus One Help


    Yes, but I also think it says the warranty is void if you put it in your pocket.
    However this is why its important to make sure you phone functions correctly STOCK before rooting the phone to avoid future problems.
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

  4. #14
    Android Addict alphawave7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    609
    Thanked
    62 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dimmakherbs View Post
    Yes, but I also think it says the warranty is void if you put it in your pocket.
    However this is why its important to make sure you phone functions correctly STOCK before rooting the phone to avoid future problems.
    A pocket would fall under extreme conditions/rough handling...anything that places undue mechanical stress would suffice. They're just not gonna say DO NOT place under automobile tire!

  5. #15
    Senior Member iPhoneSlayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,386
    Quote Originally Posted by keyplyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SexxusOne View Post
    this is why I miss my iphone... well do you guys recommend it?
    No, I do not recommend an iPhone.

    :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

  6. #16
    Member Vandam500's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by keyplyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SexxusOne View Post
    this is why I miss my iphone... well do you guys recommend it?
    No, I do not recommend an iPhone.

    :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:
    I was a hardcore iPhone user (Jailbroken and modded to the fullest). After making the plunge to the N1, even with all the cool mods and whatever the iPhone had, its no comparison to the Nexus and Android.

    The only thing Android is missing is good quality games which the iPhone is absolutely dominant in. For that though, is why I luckily have a iPod Touch.

    Anyways, pretty much any current Android phone (Nexus One, Desire, Incredible, and the new upcoming Evo) are all vastly better then the iPhone.

  7. #17
    Junior Member tkw00t's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by keyplyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SexxusOne View Post
    I just got of the phone with HTC. They said as long as I could get the default factory settings and everything back on, they will cover any hardware problems.
    Unlocking the bootlogger does not void the hardware warranty, it voids the software/OS warranty.

    what would be an example of sending the n1 for software problems vs hardware?

    and does google have a separate warranty or is it all HTC?

  8. #18
    Senior Member dimmakherbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    475
    Quote Originally Posted by tkw00t View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by keyplyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SexxusOne View Post
    I just got of the phone with HTC. They said as long as I could get the default factory settings and everything back on, they will cover any hardware problems.
    Unlocking the bootlogger does not void the hardware warranty, it voids the software/OS warranty.

    what would be an example of sending the n1 for software problems vs hardware?

    and does google have a separate warranty or is it all HTC?
    if you bricked the phone messing with software like Radio would be a software issue that you would not be covered on.
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

acer a 210 unroot

,

htc nexus one unroot

,

is it possible to unroot a acer a-210 10.1 android tablet by seting to factory specs?

,

unroot android back warranty

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.
Android Forum