1 Full Day....3 Problems, need help

This is a discussion on 1 Full Day....3 Problems, need help within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by king244 Originally Posted by NeonMonster You most likely set your GoogleVoice # to be the default calling number. You can reset/change the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1 Full Day....3 Problems, need help

Quote Originally Posted by king244 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonster View Post
    You most likely set your GoogleVoice # to be the default calling number. You can reset/change the defaults by going into:
    Settings > Applications > Application Settings > Dialer

Can't comment on your car set up, most likely it has to do with a bluetooth setting, or your cars setting.

There are a few widgets that allow you to control the time-out time on the phone. Meaning you can change the amount of time the screen stays awake before turning off. Search timeout, or screen widget on the marketplace to find em!

You ARE able to wake up the Nexus with trackball, unfortunately this is a rooted mod! It can be configured to wake the Nexus with trackball, and unlock the screen with trackball. Personally I have my trackball set to skip songs on click.

dont have that....on my phone i have Settings > Applications > then choices of unknown sources, manage applications, running services, or development...none of them allow me into the dialer or whatever lets me choose to use gv or not.....
    Actually it is in the settings of GV.
    Run GV, then settings->making calls....

Quote Originally Posted by koolbon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonster View Post
    You most likely set your GoogleVoice # to be the default calling number. You can reset/change the defaults by going into:
    Settings > Applications > Application Settings > Dialer

Can't comment on your car set up, most likely it has to do with a bluetooth setting, or your cars setting.

There are a few widgets that allow you to control the time-out time on the phone. Meaning you can change the amount of time the screen stays awake before turning off. Search timeout, or screen widget on the marketplace to find em!

You ARE able to wake up the Nexus with trackball, unfortunately this is a rooted mod! It can be configured to wake the Nexus with trackball, and unlock the screen with trackball. Personally I have my trackball set to skip songs on click.

dont have that....on my phone i have Settings > Applications > then choices of unknown sources, manage applications, running services, or development...none of them allow me into the dialer or whatever lets me choose to use gv or not.....
    Actually it is in the settings of GV.
    Run GV, then settings->making calls....
    If you go to add>shortcut>Toggle Google Voice

It will add a shortcut that will toggle between Use for all calls, Do not use for any calls, Use for only international calls, Ask every time I call

1. at first i was dialing out and it was letting me choose to use my cell # or my google voice #.....now it is only using my google voice # and i want to only use my cell #
    I love comments like these.

Your N1 didn't just change the settings on you, that's a USER configurable item. You need to be a little more careful. If you just go changing settings all over the place, that's what's going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post

1. at first i was dialing out and it was letting me choose to use my cell # or my google voice #.....now it is only using my google voice # and i want to only use my cell #

Your N1 didn't just change the settings on you, that's a USER configurable item. You need to be a little more careful. If you just go changing settings all over the place, that's what's going to happen.
    thanks for the lecture

thanks for the lecture
    You're welcome.....

thanks for the lecture
    You're welcome.....
    Dont mind this troll he's Jus got a lil Dust under his Screen if Ya know what I mean...:rofl3:
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post

thanks for the lecture
    You're welcome.....
    Dont mind this troll he's Jus got a lil Dust under his Screen if Ya know what I mean...:rofl3:
    lol....you know it slice

by the way....i have it working ok now, not used to the touchscreen yet so i think part of the problem with that was i was toggling back and forth.....
    the only remaining issue is that if i bring up the phone screen on my car head unit and dial someone, sometimes it will work like it should and other times it wont work until i unlock the screen on my phone....dont know why...?

ok, so after a full day with the n1 i have several quirks i need to get right...here are the most important 3...

2. i have n1 paired and connected to my pioneer car unit...sometimes when placing or recvg a call it wont play through my car unit...(mostly when receiving)

3. is there a secret way or an app that will either stop the phone from going into standby or let me get out of standby without having to press the top power button.....in my opinion this is a stupid design....they should have made it to press the trackball so you can do it with your thumb and then swipe the screen. This way you can do it easily, the way it is set up either you need 2 hands to do it or you have to move the phone around in your hand to go from top to bottom
    In response to Google Voice, question 1, you can toggle between 3 or 4 options. Just log into Google Voice settings or you can download from the market an app that has a widget that allows one touch to toggle between these options.

Q2, I have had this happen to me as well, usually my blue-tooth is disabled. Just enable blue-tooth from settings or click on the stock blue-tooth widget to activate and you should be in business.

Q3, As far as I know there is no way to keep the phone from sleeping except to go into settings and set your screen to never timeout. If you do this it would be a serious strain on your battery and could cause your screen to get images burned into it permanently.

There is an App in the Market for Non Root users called No Lock that uses the trackball to wake the phone from sleep mode. Also if you have the phone plugged into a charger there is an option in Settings/Application Settings/ Development to make the screen never sleep while charging. Jus turn down the brightness of the screen when using it and dont use it too much and you should be alright.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links