1 Full Day....3 Problems, need help

This is a discussion on 1 Full Day....3 Problems, need help within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; ok, so after a full day with the n1 i have several quirks i need to get right...here are the most important 3... 1. at ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1 Full Day....3 Problems, need help

1 Full Day....3 Problems, need help

ok, so after a full day with the n1 i have several quirks i need to get right...here are the most important 3...

1. at first i was dialing out and it was letting me choose to use my cell # or my google voice #.....now it is only using my google voice # and i want to only use my cell #

2. i have n1 paired and connected to my pioneer car unit...sometimes when placing or recvg a call it wont play through my car unit...(mostly when receiving)

3. is there a secret way or an app that will either stop the phone from going into standby or let me get out of standby without having to press the top power button.....in my opinion this is a stupid design....they should have made it to press the trackball so you can do it with your thumb and then swipe the screen. This way you can do it easily, the way it is set up either you need 2 hands to do it or you have to move the phone around in your hand to go from top to bottom

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

also, i just deleted an email from my gmail account on the phone and it still appears in gmail (internet)
    sync is on and automatic.....what is up with that?

You most likely set your GoogleVoice # to be the default calling number. You can reset/change the defaults by going into:
    Settings > Applications > Application Settings > Dialer

Can't comment on your car set up, most likely it has to do with a bluetooth setting, or your cars setting.

There are a few widgets that allow you to control the time-out time on the phone. Meaning you can change the amount of time the screen stays awake before turning off. Search timeout, or screen widget on the marketplace to find em!

You ARE able to wake up the Nexus with trackball, unfortunately this is a rooted mod! It can be configured to wake the Nexus with trackball, and unlock the screen with trackball. Personally I have my trackball set to skip songs on click.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

thanks for the info........on my car setup, my bb bold 900 worked flawlessly right up until i get the n1.....
    i will look into the screen timeout, but at some point the screen will turn off and have to be opened again

if this phone was 100.00 i would root, but it cost me over 500.00

Quote Originally Posted by king244 View Post
    thanks for the info........on my car setup, my bb bold 900 worked flawlessly right up until i get the n1.....
    i will look into the screen timeout, but at some point the screen will turn off and have to be opened again

I recommend looking at the rooted convert thread.

Changed my mind.

Have a look at Screebl Lite - Save Power! v2.0.11 Application for Android | Tools for controlling the screen timeout. It works for me

Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonster View Post
    You most likely set your GoogleVoice # to be the default calling number. You can reset/change the defaults by going into:
    Settings > Applications > Application Settings > Dialer

Can't comment on your car set up, most likely it has to do with a bluetooth setting, or your cars setting.

There are a few widgets that allow you to control the time-out time on the phone. Meaning you can change the amount of time the screen stays awake before turning off. Search timeout, or screen widget on the marketplace to find em!

You ARE able to wake up the Nexus with trackball, unfortunately this is a rooted mod! It can be configured to wake the Nexus with trackball, and unlock the screen with trackball. Personally I have my trackball set to skip songs on click.

dont have that....on my phone i have Settings > Applications > then choices of unknown sources, manage applications, running services, or development...none of them allow me into the dialer or whatever lets me choose to use gv or not.....

Quote Originally Posted by trueplaya89 View Post

I recommend looking at the rooted convert thread.

Changed my mind.
    tried searching on that, didnt show up ?

You don't need to root for trackball wake. There's a free program called nolock. It allows you to use the trackball and volume buttons to wake the phone.

2. i have n1 paired and connected to my pioneer car unit...sometimes when placing or recvg a call it wont play through my car unit...(mostly when receiving)
    I have a pioneer head unit as well. If it is anything like mine, I had to delete my old phone's profile from the unit. Then things started to work properly.

For whatever reason, having 2 phone bluetooth profiles saved on the head unit created conflicts. Just like you, I could answer the call through the head unit by pressing the answer button. However the caller's voice would not come through my car speakers and only though my nexus one. Deleting my iPhone profile seemed to have cleared things up.

If you plan on using 2 phones, deleting your old phone's profile from the pioneer head unit might not be the most attractive solution for you but it's worth a shot to see if it'll work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links