Android 2.2 is coming. What features do you want?

This is a discussion on Android 2.2 is coming. What features do you want? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; i want the ability to "Pinch-to-zoom" any widget on the homescreen so it goes into a "FULLSCREEN" type of view (while the background still peeks ...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Android 2.2 is coming. What features do you want?

i want the ability to "Pinch-to-zoom" any widget on the homescreen so it goes into a "FULLSCREEN" type of view (while the background still peeks around the edges of the widget, so the widget isn't COMPLETELY covering the screen.... just a full size view) so that we can get more options without actually going into an app. for example

audio widget maximized you'd get more options like going through the song list, shuffle, repeat, etc without actually going into the app, just pinching it open and viola.

or the clock widget, you'd be able to set the alarm and whatnot

And I'd like them to "beautify" the rest of android, not just the gallery app.... they need to hire cooliris to do a lot of the OTHER UI work on android as well.

also, i'd like them to put the "notification bar" to more use... i'd like it if the notification bars could allow "buttons" to be pressed. for example, with the audio app, we'd be able to hit "next, previous, pause," all from scrolling down the notification bar, this way we wouldn't have to exit an app that we're already, like maybe the browser or google maps....

and... wow i can't think of anything good

has android really hit every point? is there even a feature it doesn't have? i mean, i remember asking for "interactive wallpapers" wayyy back in the day... android EVEN has THAT now! my PC can't even natively do that.

One Need NOT a Wish

CUT AND PASTE ACROSS ALL APPS.

Truly inexcusable not to have this on a phone of this sophistication.

Hope I was clear enough!:rofl3:

I would like it to become more smooooooooth!!
    Smooooooth transitions!!!!

(like the iphone....)

Re: Android 2.2 is coming. What features do you want?

- Maybe improve the keyboard a bit.
    - Smoother transitioning between native apps.
    - Google Docs integration.
    - Support for more laguages
    - Improved lock screen and the 'answering a call' screen. The slide to answer mechanism doesn't work most of the time.
    - Add media controls on notification bar when music is playing.
    - Make more use of the trackball
    - more to come....

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

oh and make it where we can change songs and pause music and whatnot FROM THE LOCK SCREEN!!!! sheessh!!! SenseUI has been doing this since CUPCAKE! this is really important!

All these requests for being able to do things when the screen is "locked"
    I can't help but wonder the results of unhappy users when they are listening to music and place the phone in their pocket or holder. When inserting or moving, you get a song change or a pause and you'd be there growling that the thing should not do that when it is locked.

well it's coded so the screen turns off within 5 seconds to eliminate that issue. and even if someone managed to touch it within those 5 seconds on accident, the chance of hitting those 3 small buttons to change the song are so slim, so you're probably looking at a made-up 1/99 chance of actually changing a song unintentionally. the pro (being able to change the song while on the lockscreen outweighs the con (rarely changing a song on accident)

They have to replace the cheap speaker that can't be heard in a quiet room, also the fonts should be able too be made bigger. screen has a problem being seen in the sun. when these are fixed I may buy this phone again. adobe flash a must.

I want my Nexus One to have the ability to piss on an iPhone when it detects one near its bluetooth range.
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Re: Android 2.2 is coming. What features do you want?

I would like the BT to automatically reconnect to any previously paired devices when they come back in range.

Sent from my Nexus one using T@p@t@lk

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links