Android 2.2 is coming. What features do you want?

This is a discussion on Android 2.2 is coming. What features do you want? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by sophia i would like to see the choice to install apps internally or on the sd card. hell yes!!!...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Android 2.2 is coming. What features do you want?

Quote Originally Posted by sophia View Post
    i would like to see the choice to install apps internally or on the sd card.
    hell yes!!!

I like what others have suggested.

Some little things that I would like to see...

1) Ability to screen capture or print screen by pressing a button or two together.

2) The trackball to light up more frequently when i receive a new notification.

3) Ability to press the trackball to wake up the phone.

4) Organize bookmarks into folders like others have suggested.

5) Slight changes to the UI for the camera. That little tab is sometimes hard to swipe open and sometimes I miss the 'take picture' button. I know you can use the trackball as well but I'd rather have easy functionality on both.

6) Better organization for videos in the gallery app. As of right now, there is pretty much none.

Quote Originally Posted by intenz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sophia View Post
    i would like to see the choice to install apps internally or on the sd card.
    hell yes!!!
    Installing market apps on the SDcard maybe a problem, as there's pirating issue with paid market apps, which is one of the main reason why they don't allow it.

Of course with software programs, there always seems to be a way around it.
    :nexusx: If you don't stand for something... You will fall for anything.:nexusx:

I have a new request add...have the bleeping phone make some kind of noise when the call drops. This after talking for 5 minutes to my boss and then being deafened when he called me back and the phone was still at my ear and I was talking. There is no disconnect noise at all, call just drops and that is it. He uses a bluetooth and when I am talking his mic pretty much cuts off and I do not hear any noise from that end of the call so that is no help.
    Grr.

Quote Originally Posted by N1David View Post
    I have a new request add...have the bleeping phone make some kind of noise when the call drops. This after talking for 5 minutes to my boss and then being deafened when he called me back and the phone was still at my ear and I was talking. There is no disconnect noise at all, call just drops and that is it. He uses a bluetooth and when I am talking his mic pretty much cuts off and I do not hear any noise from that end of the call so that is no help.
    Grr.
    My bluetooth beeps when a call is dropped, which, thankfully, is rare.

Quote Originally Posted by windmill360 View Post
    "no lock" is an app that allows you to do so...

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Grr.
    I wish mine did. Don't really want to buy a new blue tooth, this one is only 5 months old. I searched the market for an app trying to find something and didn't find any app for a drop tone. I guess I will just use the wired head phones when I am on the phone to my boss. He spends 90% of our phone time in his vehicle and he is the only one I talk to that calls drop.

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Grr.
    I wish mine did. Don't really want to buy a new blue tooth, this one is only 5 months old. I searched the market for an app trying to find something and didn't find any app for a drop tone. I guess I will just use the wired head phones when I am on the phone to my boss. He spends 90% of our phone time in his vehicle and he is the only one I talk to that calls drop.
    I'm surprised yours doesn't...I *thought* it was part of the specifications of the HSP (headset profile) of bluetooth. Still it's quite difficult to get and understand those specs, and I've tried! I can recall one incident when I did the ame as you, and talked on a dead line for a few minutes..the call came in, instead of me inititiating it..maybe there's something to that?

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveMyNeXus1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by windmill360 View Post
    "no lock" is an app that allows you to do so...
    This DOES work but it removes the lock screen and I don't want that because I may 'thigh dial' someone [I have paused/reset music with my thigh before through the material in my jean pocket].

I just want it to activate the lock screen on press.

Quote Originally Posted by NPuter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by deel View Post
    they need to do contacts like the blackberry. start typing in a contact's name and then it shows a list of choices. i dont like the scroll and gesture search is ok, but it's better to do it in the home screen
    On the home screen, tap the search soft-key - a search box and keyboard appear - begin typing the name of a contact, and it shows up in the list...

thanks, this is probably the best solution, but i still need to hit the name twice. once to select the name and then the 2nd screen gives you the choice of calling or emailing. i dont recall the blackberry i had, but i believe it was only one click required as you typed in the name, since it knew you were in the phone application so of course what you want to do is dial, not email. anyways, this is too many steps to dial

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links