Android 2.2 is coming. What features do you want?

This is a discussion on Android 2.2 is coming. What features do you want? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; google needs to make the accuracy of the touch screen a lot better than its current state. i'm constantly hitting other letters or hitting an ...

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 74

Thread: Android 2.2 is coming. What features do you want?

  1. #51
    Senior Member deel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    300
    google needs to make the accuracy of the touch screen a lot better than its current state. i'm constantly hitting other letters or hitting an ad, either b/c the icons are too small or the touch screen sucks compared to the iphone. and i'm the biggest iphone hater. i never owned one, but used one before and that touch screen is way better. also, i doubt that it's b/c the icons are too small b/c the iphone has small icons too and in general it's way better

  2. #52
    Senior Member N1David's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    866
    Quote Originally Posted by deel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NPuter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by deel View Post
    they need to do contacts like the blackberry. start typing in a contact's name and then it shows a list of choices. i dont like the scroll and gesture search is ok, but it's better to do it in the home screen
    On the home screen, tap the search soft-key - a search box and keyboard appear - begin typing the name of a contact, and it shows up in the list...

    thanks, this is probably the best solution, but i still need to hit the name twice. once to select the name and then the 2nd screen gives you the choice of calling or emailing. i dont recall the blackberry i had, but i believe it was only one click required as you typed in the name, since it knew you were in the phone application so of course what you want to do is dial, not email. anyways, this is too many steps to dial
    There is an app on the market named Folder Organizer that allows direct text, direct email, direct call. It has other useful features and those being short cuts to folders, etc. With this app, my home screen is now 3 Icons, I have one icon which is a folder and it is named Home. In that is short cuts to Apps, Camera, Music, Phone, Email, Text - all of which are individual folders I created using the app.

  3. #53
    Senior Member deel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by N1David View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by deel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NPuter View Post
    On the home screen, tap the search soft-key - a search box and keyboard appear - begin typing the name of a contact, and it shows up in the list...

    thanks, this is probably the best solution, but i still need to hit the name twice. once to select the name and then the 2nd screen gives you the choice of calling or emailing. i dont recall the blackberry i had, but i believe it was only one click required as you typed in the name, since it knew you were in the phone application so of course what you want to do is dial, not email. anyways, this is too many steps to dial
    There is an app on the market named Folder Organizer that allows direct text, direct email, direct call. It has other useful features and those being short cuts to folders, etc. With this app, my home screen is now 3 Icons, I have one icon which is a folder and it is named Home. In that is short cuts to Apps, Camera, Music, Phone, Email, Text - all of which are individual folders I created using the app.

    thanks! i'll check this out, sounds useful

  4. #54
    Senior Member deel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    300
    also, need a way to X out of the stock browser. sometimes when i try to open the browser, i usually want the home google search page instead of being left at the page i looked at last. i then have to go to my task killer and kill all apps, to go back to search. (i know i could just type in google.com, but my gripe above about the accuracy of the screen has me killing open apps). or it needs a home button in addition to a new window button

  5. #55
    Senior Member ezeddiekun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    776
    Quote Originally Posted by deel View Post
    also, need a way to X out of the stock browser. sometimes when i try to open the browser, i usually want the home google search page instead of being left at the page i looked at last. i then have to go to my task killer and kill all apps, to go back to search. (i know i could just type in google.com, but my gripe above about the accuracy of the screen has me killing open apps). or it needs a home button in addition to a new window button

    Its embarrassing to show your friend something and the last porn site you visited pops up :rofl3:
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  6. #56
    Senior Member deel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by ezeddiekun View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by deel View Post
    also, need a way to X out of the stock browser. sometimes when i try to open the browser, i usually want the home google search page instead of being left at the page i looked at last. i then have to go to my task killer and kill all apps, to go back to search. (i know i could just type in google.com, but my gripe above about the accuracy of the screen has me killing open apps). or it needs a home button in addition to a new window button

    Its embarrassing to show your friend something and the last porn site you visited pops up :rofl3:

    exactly, but for real, need a way to start windows fresh

  7. #57
    Senior Member tonybhoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    981

    Re: Android 2.2 is coming. What features do you want?

    I just hit the back button a few times till im back to search

    Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    my other phone's a nexus too

  8. #58
    Senior Member N1David's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    866
    Quote Originally Posted by deel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by N1David View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by deel View Post


    thanks, this is probably the best solution, but i still need to hit the name twice. once to select the name and then the 2nd screen gives you the choice of calling or emailing. i dont recall the blackberry i had, but i believe it was only one click required as you typed in the name, since it knew you were in the phone application so of course what you want to do is dial, not email. anyways, this is too many steps to dial
    There is an app on the market named Folder Organizer that allows direct text, direct email, direct call. It has other useful features and those being short cuts to folders, etc. With this app, my home screen is now 3 Icons, I have one icon which is a folder and it is named Home. In that is short cuts to Apps, Camera, Music, Phone, Email, Text - all of which are individual folders I created using the app.

    thanks! i'll check this out, sounds useful
    You're welcome deel

  9. #59
    Senior Member N1David's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    866
    Quote Originally Posted by deel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ezeddiekun View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by deel View Post
    also, need a way to X out of the stock browser. sometimes when i try to open the browser, i usually want the home google search page instead of being left at the page i looked at last. i then have to go to my task killer and kill all apps, to go back to search. (i know i could just type in google.com, but my gripe above about the accuracy of the screen has me killing open apps). or it needs a home button in addition to a new window button

    Its embarrassing to show your friend something and the last porn site you visited pops up :rofl3:

    exactly, but for real, need a way to start windows fresh
    I just found this out this weekend how to do that. When your browser is open, tap the menu key and then tap the Windows key. Then hit the X on that open page. On my phone that closes the current window and the browser automatically goes back to my home page.

  10. #60
    Android Addict alphawave7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    609
    Thanked
    62 times
    But if you just want to search, hit the search button..no need to back out of anything.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. 1.9 ghz kernal for the g2
    By G2 Forum User in forum HTC G2
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-15-2010, 08:22 PM
Android Forum