Touchscreens are Overrated… or I miss your BlackBerry. This is NO fun. :-(

This is a discussion on Touchscreens are Overrated… or I miss your BlackBerry. This is NO fun. :-( within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; quite honestly if there was an official google phone with a physical keyboard i would have gone for that. tactile feel is a big plus ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Touchscreens are Overrated… or I miss your BlackBerry. This is NO fun. :-(

quite honestly if there was an official google phone with a physical keyboard i would have gone for that. tactile feel is a big plus for long messages and emails.

Quote Originally Posted by antikryst View Post
    quite honestly if there was an official google phone with a physical keyboard i would have gone for that. tactile feel is a big plus for long messages and emails.
    I understand. My point was that the Nexus One does not have a physical keyboard. So if someone wants a physical keyboard in a phone, then they should get some other phone and not complain that the Nexus One does not have a physical keyboard.

I think that we all understand that a physical keyboard does have it's merits. However, the sleek and small form factor of the Nexus One appeals to many of us.

Are you sure she just doesn't miss your BBM?

it sounds like you've had 15 years to get used to hard keyboards. If your were as patient with soft keyboards you may come around. The fact is that it is the future of computing, and you are like the old man who can't program his vcr.
    If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

I completely agree with Kendoori. I too find myself thinking before I type, trying to make my reply as short as possible. It is very time consuming going back and deleting misspelled words...which seems to happen quite often for me. I didn't want anything more than to have a touch screen phone, but after a few weeks of trying to get use to typing on my N1, I really miss the keyboard on my Moto Q global. I use to be able to rip through the keyboard and be able to send a text without having to proofread it. I actually enjoyed replying to a text/email, I hope my views change about doing the same on a touch screen in the next couple of months.

It all boils down to personal preference. It's true a touchscreen isn't for everyone, but neither is a physical keyboard with trackball/trackpad navigation.

People should find a store or friend that has one or the other and play with the device before buying.

Voice To Text...Hello!

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Voice To Text...Hello!
    A nice feature but I'm finding it less useful each day. Most times I have other people around me and I don't want them to hear what I'm saying/writing.

Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Voice To Text...Hello!
    A nice feature but I'm finding it less useful each day. Most times I have other people around me and I don't want them to hear what I'm saying/writing.
    I think this would be a privacy issue, not a keyboard issue. I use the phone for calls first, texts second...if one texts more than they call, they may prefer an actual hard kb. BB and Sidekick rule on the hard kb front.

Re: Touchscreens are Overrated… or I miss your BlackBerry. This is NO fun. :-(

True, voice to text is a great feature but its horrible for privacy reasons.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links