beebplayer not working

This is a discussion on beebplayer not working within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; hello, i have downloaded beebplayer for my nexus one but i am unable to play videos or listen to the radio, it seems to not ...

Thread: beebplayer not working

beebplayer not working

hello, i have downloaded beebplayer for my nexus one but i am unable to play videos or listen to the radio, it seems to not be connecting although my internet connection is fine, also i tried using yamgo tv and that also wasnt letting me watch, does anyone have any idea what might be wrong?

any advice would be very much appreciated, thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

cxm
    Quote Originally Posted by rheggie1 View Post
    hello, i have downloaded beebplayer for my nexus one but i am unable to play videos or listen to the radio, it seems to not be connecting although my internet connection is fine, also i tried using yamgo tv and that also wasnt letting me watch, does anyone have any idea what might be wrong?

any advice would be very much appreciated, thanks
    Have you tried reading the help file within the app itself? Are you based in UK? The most common reason for not being able to connect to anything is when people are trying to use it outside of UK. the bbc restricts content to UK residents by examining the ip address that requests the media

thanks for your reply, yes i am in the uk, ive tried looking at the help menu but its just obvious things like check you have a connection etc, im just wondering if there are any particular setting you have to have on your phone in order for it to connect or something?

cxm
    I downloaded it months ago so I can't be positive, but I think it just worked straight away with no need to configure anything. I only use it with wifi so I don't know if it works on my 3G connection. I've tried it today and it was working fine, so must be a problem with your connection. Maybe try uninstall then reinstall?

Hey rheggie1, I'm David Johnston, the author of beebPlayer.

Does it work if you disable WiFi on your phone and just use 3G?

hello, i've tried it on both wifi and 3g and its not working with either. ive also tried uninstalling and reinstalling it several times and still no luck, this is strange, i imagined this would have been a common problem, its strange if im the person who cant get this working lol.

the interesting this is, when i also tried watching tv on yamgo it wouldnt connect, its as if the phone has problems connecting to live tv n radio, but other apps work fine, such as youtube, last fm and another bbc radio app so i dont think it's a connection problem.

again, thanks for the replies.

hello, i've tried it on both wifi and 3g and its not working with either. ive also tried uninstalling and reinstalling it several times and still no luck, this is strange, i imagined this would have been a common problem, its strange if im the person who cant get this working lol.

the interesting this is, when i also tried watching tv on yamgo it wouldnt connect, its as if the phone has problems connecting to live tv n radio, but other apps work fine, such as youtube, last fm and another bbc radio app so i dont think it's a connection problem.

Hmm, what error message do you get when beebPlayer fails to load a programme like Eastenders?

Quote Originally Posted by johnsto View Post

Hmm, what error message do you get when beebPlayer fails to load a programme like Eastenders?
    i would think not playing eastenders would be a blessing in disguise johnsto :rofl3:

it just comes up saying "connection to the server was interrupted, please try again later". this happens on wifi and 3g. i don't think its a connection problem though cos other apps that require internet are working fine and the browser is fine.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links