Just got my Nexus, but need help!

This is a discussion on Just got my Nexus, but need help! within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hello Everyone! So my Nexus arrive this morning and I've been fiddling around with it abit Problem is, I'm used to my 5800 where whenever ...

Thread: Just got my Nexus, but need help!

Just got my Nexus, but need help!

Hello Everyone!

So my Nexus arrive this morning and I've been fiddling around with it abit

Problem is, I'm used to my 5800 where whenever an app needs to access the internet, it would ask me which type of connection i want to use.

So if i open up my browser on my 5800, it would pop up a message asking if i want to use the 3g internet or search for wifi. Annnoying, but saves me nasty surprises of overusing my internet.

However, on the nexus one, i can see that it usually just goes ahead and connects to whatever connection seems to be active.

So if i have my wifi off from the widget, it automatically uses my mobile internet.But with it wifi on, it uses wifi.

Is there something i can do to manage when it connects? i don't want to overuse my mobile internet!

Thanks!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I use Toggle Settings from the Market, it allows for profiles, and one can set it to always enable Wifi when home, or 3G when out, etc. I'm sure there are other apps to do similar, as well.

Unless I'm mistaken, you can't connect to the internet without 3G or wifi being active. If you want to completely deactivate 3G, you need to go into settings and switch to 2G. Also, you deactivate wifi in settings or with the stock widget. I leave 3G on at all times for many reasons, syncing of email, etc. Hope this helps.

I use Toggle Settings from the Market, it allows for profiles, and one can set it to always enable Wifi when home, or 3G when out, etc. I'm sure there are other apps to do similar, as well.
    @alphawave7 thanks for this suggestions, Its a nice way to see what I have active. But its Force closed on me twice already.

Just to be sure, When the arrows on the on the network icon flash does that mean its using data? I'm using 2G (GPRS) atm.

Because it just seems to be flashing when I'm not using anything internet related

you will need some kind of 3g data plan these phones use internet like you use air.

you will need some kind of 3g data plan these phones use internet like you use air.
    I do have a 3G network, but i ticked the use 2G option because it said it saves more battery

just thought I'll share this app I found on the market.

Its called "Quick settings" and one of the toggle switches it has disables mobile data completely.

It solves the problem of all the apps which have ads in it =)

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links