Question regards to buying Nexus One from Google?

This is a discussion on Question regards to buying Nexus One from Google? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I am planning to buy Nexus One from Google. But why do you have to go on their site, google to activate the phone. Any ...

Thread: Question regards to buying Nexus One from Google?

Question regards to buying Nexus One from Google?

I am planning to buy Nexus One from Google. But why do you have to go on their site, google to activate the phone. Any other place you can buy Nexus One at comparable prices? Do you have to go to google to activate the site by providing all your confidential info to google?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I believe you have to activate the phone directly from google.com because you need to sign in to your google account on your phone, or create an account for you to use on your phone in order to have access to the market and to your emails and sync your information to your google account. *and also so that google can track the activation date for warranty purposes

Quote Originally Posted by mee View Post
    I am planning to buy Nexus One from Google. But why do you have to go on their site, google to activate the phone. Any other place you can buy Nexus One at comparable prices? Do you have to go to google to activate the site by providing all your confidential info to google?

The purpose of activating the Nexus, if your getting it subsidized i.e T-Mobile (USA).

If not... then you don't need to activate, just place your sim card in the Nexus and enjoy.

Anyone that has your credit card info has access to most of your personal info along with it. Subsidised units require a contractual obligation, which includes even more personal info, like a social security number (or last four digits) in the US for credit check purposes. Non-subsidised phones simply need the basic info for processing a credit card transaction, but of course through Google Checkout account, which is populated with only the personal info you supply it. Since the phone actually works out to be cheaper (using the cheaper calling plans,especially) for the more expensive non-subbed unit in the long term, that's the one I recommend, and the one I bought.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links