closing browser?

This is a discussion on closing browser? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; do you have to close the browser when done on the internet? i have searched for a way to do this but it looks like ...

Thread: closing browser?

closing browser?

do you have to close the browser when done on the internet?
    i have searched for a way to do this but it looks like i can just return to the home screen, yet when i open browser next time it goes to the same page i was on previously....does this mean the browser stays open until i close it somehow? does it eat up resources?
    if i am supposed to close the browser, how is that done?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You're doing it correctly. Nothing to worry about, if you're not browsing it just sits idle using very little resources.

I never actually closes (or more accurately, gets killed) unless Android needs the extra resources fo something else because that would just mean a slow startup when you're ready to use it again.

My friend you have a lot to learn.

First press and hold anywhere on a empty space on your home page and select Shortcuts, Settings, Battery Use. This icon will show you how efficient is the Android OS.

Second the back key is more like a hierarchy back key not your common back key, but very useful once you learn how to use.

Third the Android OS manages your multitasking base on resources. What does that mean? That means apps run in the background and most not all are inactive, they are just loaded in your RAM without using energy but some apps are active. The icon (Battery Use) that you set in the first step will give you a sense of what apps are using too much energy. You need to find a balance between some of this apps I recommend a Task Manager. Android OS will close running apps as it needs this resources for other task the result is the user get a more reliable multitasking experience, but it still needs a little work from Google.

As for the browser it's inactive while in the background.

My preferred method of closing the browser is to close all open windows and hit the back key.

also if your using skyfire its long press on the back button then you have option to exit

Dolphin HD has an option to close the browser and clear the cache.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links