having problems... please help

This is a discussion on having problems... please help within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; okay, so ive had the nexus one since a week after release date. i love the phone, and i love everything about it, but im ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: having problems... please help

having problems... please help

okay, so ive had the nexus one since a week after release date. i love the phone, and i love everything about it, but im having really annoying issues with it.
    i have to press the unlock button 3-5 times for it to unlock. from locked screen, i press and hold the unlock button to shut it off, and all it does is shut off the screen, but not the phone.
    sometimes ill start playing a song, then plug in my headphones and it doesnt play through the headphones, but keeps playing through the speakers. ill shut it off, then turn it back one, then it works... sometimes when i unplug the headphones, it keeps playing, but you cant hear anything through the speakers...
    sometimes, ill tryi to text someone and it wont send... even with full 3g bars. i have to shut it off and back on then itll send instantly.
    sometimes ill loose signal, and its really hard to get it back.

what should i do? i love the phone, so i dont want to get rid of it. i cant ask for a replacement from google, because i bought it from a guy off of craigslist. (i called him to see if he had the receipt but he threw it out) should i sell it? should i wait, and maybe google will fix these issues with an ota update?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

it sounds like your sleep button is wearing out. unfortunately a software update isn't going to fix that. also the mechanism that supposed to know if there is a headphone plugged in or not seems to be wearing out too. though it maybe a software issue too but i have a feeling that it's not.
    I have the texting problems also sometimes, but not that often. maybe once a week. a simple restart seems to fix it.
    It's really unfortunate that you bought it off of craigslist but my best suggestion would be to try your luck with HTC. They seem to have pretty good customer support and who knows, maybe they will fix it for a fee or something.

im too impatient... i dont want to call HTC and have them tell me they need me to send my phone in for a week to "see" if they can fix it. i also dont have $500 for a deposit to get a new one untill they send mine back.
    i dont think the headphone things is a wear and tear issue due to the fact that when i unplug the headphones, the music keeps playing, but i cant hear it through the speakers. if im not mistaken, when you unplug the headphones, the music is supposed to be paused. iv been playing with the unlock button, and ive come to the conclusion that pressing and holding it wakes the phone up quicker than having to press it 5 times. so im just gonna do that from now on.
    the texting issue has slowed down, but its still soooooo annoying having to reboot my phone.. its not supposed to be like that, and i think google or t-mobile should fix it...
    i might go back to my old sidekick untill the update comes, because i have came soo close to throwing my phone against my wall too many times already.

*edit* pressing and holding unlock button does not always wake it up quicker.

okay so i tried a few things to test out the headphone problem... heres what i found out:
    if i unlock the phone, plug the headphones in and start playing a song, it plays through the phone speakers and not the headphones.. if i plug in the headphones then unlock the phone, it will play through the headphones. if i unplug the headphones, the song keeps playing, but no sound will come out through the phone speakers. if i lock the phone while the song is paying without the headphones plugged in, then unlock it, the song will be paused. if i press play it will play through the phone speakers.
    so basically, if i want to listen via headphones, i have to plug them in before i unlock the phone. if i want to listen via phone speakers, i have to unplug headphones, lock the phone, unlock the phone, then press play. so i have come to the conclusion that it is not a wear and tear problem.
    sorry if it sounds confusing.

now i have to play around with the unlock button, to see if its software or hardware.

i do agree that text messaging problem should be fixed soon since restarting is annoying and that's not how things should work anyway. especially with something as native as the messaging application.
    if you're sure that there is a pattern like that with the headphones, then you're right, it probably is a software issue, which a factory reset should fix. if you don't want to do that, maybe try getting rid of an app that might be interfering? perhaps something that modifies your music app or lock screen? or even a task killer.

factory data restet fixed the headphone problem. still testing out the unlock button since it only happens sometimes. its laggy, but it comes on the first time.

anybody know the name of the app that lets you use any button to wake your phone up?

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveMyNeXus1 View Post
    anybody know the name of the app that lets you use any button to wake your phone up?
    Its called No Lock
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    Its called No Lock
    I couldn't find "No Lock" in the market, but I've been using "Lock Delay". Works well.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyphoenix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    Its called No Lock
    I couldn't find "No Lock" in the market, but I've been using "Lock Delay". Works well.
    Funny...I jus found it before posting. Try searching it as 1 word. Nolock
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links