Car Charger?

This is a discussion on Car Charger? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Will any micro usb car charger work or does it have to be a special nexus one charger?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car Charger?

Car Charger?

Will any micro usb car charger work or does it have to be a special nexus one charger?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Any will do, best to have 700ma or more charge capacity (USB standard is 500ma), so search for one that has 1A (1000ma) for fastest charging.

My brother has a cell phone accessory cart in the mall and gave me a cheap one...Mybat or something like that. Anyways, I had my phone on charge and was using the navigation. I kept getting searching for GPS message. Later my brother asked me how the charger was cuz a few of his customers returned the charger saying that it was messing up their GPS on their N1.
    So don't get a cheap charger.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

I searched on Amazon and got this one.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Cable-Charger-Travel-Google-Smartphone/dp/B00337BCQI/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1273526021&sr =8-7]Amazon.com: USB Data Cable + USB Car Charger + USB Home Travel Charger for HTC Google Nexus One 1 Smartphone: SF Planet: Electronics[/ame]

It does the job, I haven't fully tested it, just made sure it worked mostly. My buddy was there with his iPhone so we plugged his USB cable into it and it even charged that.

i use an iGO that can be used with different adapters. it's been great. [ame=http://www.amazon.com/iGo-Auto-Universal-DC-charger/dp/B000PJN2ZG]Amazon.com: iGo Auto Universal Auto (DC) charger: Cell Phones & Service[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Any will do, best to have 700ma or more charge capacity (USB standard is 500ma), so search for one that has 1A (1000ma) for fastest charging.
    Any idea where in the UK you can get the 1A charger - I need something that will charge while using N1 GPS as the charger I have isn't strong enough and the battery actually goes down while 'charging' and using GPS at the same time.

Thanks

TBird1

Will this charger work for the N1? Seems awfully cheap but I don't know...

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Google-Nexus-Charger-Wireless-Accessory/dp/B0032Z1626/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=wireless&qid=1274288815&sr=8-1[/ame]

I use my Blackberry 8900 charger, its the same!

I needed a special screw driver and found this website with a lot of cheap stuff on it. So I started looking around and I found a 1000mA Car USB port.

DealExtreme: $2.63 1000mA Car Cigarette Powered USB Adapter/Charger (DC 12V/24V)

$2.63 with free shipping. You can't really go wrong with that, just use your USB cable that you got with your phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Snickolaz View Post
    I needed a special screw driver and found this website with a lot of cheap stuff on it. So I started looking around and I found a 1000mA Car USB port.

DealExtreme: $2.63 1000mA Car Cigarette Powered USB Adapter/Charger (DC 12V/24V)

$2.63 with free shipping. You can't really go wrong with that, just use your USB cable that you got with your phone.
    Did you buy that thing? Does it work?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links